Bleacher Report has included Phil Hellmuth in their list of ’50 Most Punchable Faces in Pro Sports’. The Poker Brat came in at #12 on the list which forces one to ask: there are 11 faces in sports more punchable than that of Phil Hellmuth?!
Apparently, Bleacher Report thinks so. They rank the following sports-figures, and only the following sports-figures, as having a more punchable face than Phil Hellmuth:
- Cristiano Ronaldo
- Kobe Bryant (okay, they’re right about that one)
- NFL quarterbacks Jay Cutler and Phillip Rivers (who for some reason share the 9 spot)
- Recently-retired baseball star Manny Ramirez
- Rory McIlroy (love Rory but he does have an awfully punchable face)
- Washington Redskins owner Dan Snyder
- Hockey player Sean Avery
- NFL star wide receiver Terrell Owens (love T.O., but they might have a point about him deserving to be higher on this list than Hellmuth)
- ESPN radio host Colin Cowherd (seriously?! A radio host having a more punchable face than Hellmuth?! No chance!)
- Baseball star and occasional high-stakes poker player Alex Rodriguez
- Lebron James (okay, that one they definitely got right)
You have to give Bleacher Report a hat-tip for including Hellmuth on this list and ranking him rather highly. However, someone should inform their editors that poker is not a sport.