PokerTips.org Forums

PokerTips.org Forums (http://www.pokertips.org/forums/index.php)
-   Tournament Strategy (http://www.pokertips.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   tilt 150 (http://www.pokertips.org/forums/showthread.php?t=74687)

SwoopAE May 21, 2010 5:51pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wino Whines (Post 892436)
IMHO, two things in this poker environment...

1) Bet more pre, define hands more
2) Bet flop, define hands more
3) Listen when someone tells you they have the goods

On the turn with his line, SOOO many hands beat you and/or easily draw out on you. As per above 1,2, you would have lost only $400 - $500 ($150 + pre, ~ $300 CB) and gotten away from the hand. IMO it was weak calls/overplay.

This advice is more applicible to low stakes mtts/live play fwiw

SwoopAE May 21, 2010 5:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by killcrazy (Post 892620)
line doesn't fit AJ, and he has to be worried about a ten. what pays him off? worse jacks?

Kc

This

It's not ace jack practically ever (small portion of flop range, turn is fine but river AJ isnt going to bet what he did unless hes bad and not many 150fo mtters are bad) if it is its Ah Jh mostly i guess

I'd venture AJ is a very small portion of his range though

glockers May 23, 2010 11:29am

Quote:

Originally Posted by acehole_76 (Post 892798)
what about the flop he calledwith players yet to act in a muti way pot with AJ high? i dont think so......also with the pre flop bet size i check call this bet alot sometimes fold turn always* fold river if it is the thrid barrel

* i know nothing is always

I think bad players would flat with ace jack here preflop.

I think bad players often make bad bets on rivers thinking they can push people off things. but they also know their hand is rubbish so they keep the bet small.

acehole_76 May 23, 2010 2:51pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by glockers (Post 893339)
I think bad players would flat with ace jack here preflop.

I think bad players often make bad bets on rivers thinking they can push people off things. but they also know their hand is rubbish so they keep the bet small.

what about the call after the flop this isnt AJ, unless maybe AhJh

Axis of Evil May 23, 2010 4:08pm

The post-flop check is terrible, unless looking for the opportunity to reraise, but then just a call. This is what the Ax dope dreams of at night, who incidentally considers his favorite hand J-T because "nobody ever sees it coming." At least this is true for check-callers.

KK = bet the shit out of it, IMO.

glockers May 23, 2010 4:09pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by acehole_76 (Post 893360)
what about the call after the flop this isnt AJ, unless maybe AhJh

That is a good point, bad players do weird things. Where we think the standard play is something, they think in weird terms. Good poker players narrowly typecast opponents too much.

You are probably right on the post flop, but I think it isn't clear cut.

SwoopAE May 25, 2010 5:15am

He doesn't have AJ here very often imo. This isn't pub poker glockers. Bad online players are bad, but he's not gonna have AJ here unless its with the FD much based off his line.

acehole_76 May 25, 2010 1:13pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SwoopAE (Post 893883)
He doesn't have AJ here very often imo. This isn't pub poker glockers. Bad online players are bad, but he's not gonna have AJ here unless its with the FD much based off his line.

this

a below average player in a $150 mtt it still to good to show up here with AJo..............dotn let shitty live low limit poker players fuck with your head

GoldfishUltraDeluxe May 25, 2010 2:53pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozone (Post 892323)
I don't really think it would be an "easy" fold, especially with a heart draw on board. I really don't mind kh's line at all until the river call.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMBurns (Post 892324)
Maybe not easy but reasonable. Due to the Draw a set would raise most of the time and if it is a FD which raises there is almoust ever the :Ah involved giving him 12 outs.

So I think it is a fold in that case since after the raise we have to play a big pot were we are nearly flipping at best or draw to 2 outs.

But I still think that checking this Flop misses Value.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kid hustlr (Post 892387)
i was ahead?

edit i really really really dont like betting flop.

So, here I come, the micro/low stakes moron, to give some advice :biggrin:

5-way pot, so checking is ultrafine imho, as there are players in late pos who are happy to bet weaker or unmade hands

Against the two latest position potential opening bettors, I'd c/r flop to get value against anything but sets, and if you're up against a set, you will often find that out after the c/r...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axis of Evil (Post 893379)
The post-flop check is terrible, unless looking for the opportunity to reraise

:shock: OMFG, I to some extent agree with Axis, so the Universe is probably going down soon.

glockers May 25, 2010 3:14pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SwoopAE (Post 893883)

Bad players are bad players imo. I still think we can all fall into thinking what his range should be instead of what it is.