PokerTips.org Forums

PokerTips.org Forums (http://www.pokertips.org/forums/index.php)
-   Poker Stories (http://www.pokertips.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   slightly uncanny... (http://www.pokertips.org/forums/showthread.php?t=30224)

AMDeluxe Mar 10, 2006 5:04am

slightly uncanny...

In a freeroll, a few hands ago: I raise from MP with AJ, get one caller; flop completely misses but he checks and I take down the pot. No excitement. But then two or three minutes later the guy who folded pipes up, saying "AJ... don't try that again". I ask him what he's talking about, and he says "You have been warned". Then a few seconds later, "Do you know who I am?". Sadly, at that exact moment I got moved to a different table, and with no observer chat on Party I'm unable to find out if he's Santa Claus, Jesus, or what.

Anyway, was that just an uncanny read? or some sort of bizarre cheating? I mucked my cards, so it wasn't in the hand history. I'm confused, and a little bit worried that someone's lurking in my bedroom...

SidMaynard Mar 10, 2006 12:14pm

That is spooky.

I keep getting spam messages regarding hole card scanners that can apparently read your opponenets pockets (fluff and boiled sweets included).

I always thought that it was nonsense, but perhaps they do work?

Idaelus Mar 10, 2006 12:58pm

My vote is for Jesus. Santa doesn't seem like the Hold 'Em type.

cetacean Mar 10, 2006 1:18pm

Re: slightly uncanny...

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMDeluxe
In a freeroll, a few hands ago: I raise from MP with AJ, get one caller; flop completely misses but he checks and I take down the pot. No excitement. But then two or three minutes later the guy who folded pipes up, saying "AJ... don't try that again".

I think the much more likely explanation is that he was saying, "I had AJ, and I layed it down, but don't try bluffing me again" (Implying that he thinks his AJ had you beat and that next time he will call your bluff.)

fiezk Mar 10, 2006 2:59pm

Quote:

I think the much more likely explanation is that he was saying, "I had AJ, and I layed it down, but don't try bluffing me again" (Implying that he thinks his AJ had you beat and that next time he will call your bluff.)
That was my impression too

AMDeluxe Mar 10, 2006 7:03pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by cetacean
Quote:

Originally Posted by AMDeluxe
In a freeroll, a few hands ago: I raise from MP with AJ, get one caller; flop completely misses but he checks and I take down the pot. No excitement. But then two or three minutes later the guy who folded pipes up, saying "AJ... don't try that again".

Right. That makes about ten times more sense. But I like the Santa explanation better... like, I know you've been bluffing and if you keep trying it on, you're getting no presents this Christmas.