PokerTips.org Forums

PokerTips.org Forums (http://www.pokertips.org/forums/index.php)
-   Poker Stories (http://www.pokertips.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   My first flopped Royal Flush and guess what happened... (http://www.pokertips.org/forums/showthread.php?t=34598)

silu_nz Aug 20, 2006 11:54pm

My first flopped Royal Flush and guess what happened...

Last night I played 6-max $25NL. From UTG I receive JQs and raise it up to $1. I get 4(!) callers and flop comes out 10 K A of the same suit!! I flopped my first Royal Flush!! I could hardly contain my excitment.

Blinds check, I check (I can slowplay this one), CO+1 bets $2, Button calls, SB & BB calls, I call. Next card I can't remember but blinds check, I check, CO+1 checks, SB goes AI (about $10), BB calls, I call, CO+1 folds, Button goes AI (about $17), I............................................loose connection. I was amazingly calm when I got my connection back but my hand was folded and I don't know the outcome.

One reason why I stayed calm was pure resignation. This happened on Full Tilt where I managed to get my deposit of $200 down to $80 in 3 months. Also I lost 3 buy-ins with set over set, rivered flush against my two pair and AA getting cracked by Q6o within an hour of this happening. Luckily my bankroll on Stars is increasing steadily.

I knew that if I let get this to me that I would be done with Poker for a while and I can't let this happen.

Bonsai29 Aug 20, 2006 11:57pm

im honestly sorry for that !!!!

WTF !!!!

hope u emailed the support ... the more i hope they will give u some money back

Seraph Aug 21, 2006 12:11am

Thats really miserable.

Boilermaker Aug 21, 2006 4:18am

The "poker is rigged" contingency is going to have a field day with this post.

CBone Aug 21, 2006 4:43am

Please tell me you are joking. I admire you for staying calm, seriously. :(

Ishbu3116 Aug 21, 2006 1:05pm

Yeah complain to support. Even if the table did not offer All-in Disconnection protection they should still give you some money back. Will it work? Probably not, but showing them a copy of the hand history may change their mind.

silu_nz Aug 21, 2006 10:03pm

I looked for the HH in my Poker Tracker but coudln't find it because Full Tilt didn't write the whole HH onto the hard drive.

As I said, it cost me perhaps $12 + expected winnings which is a small price to pay for the sake of a good story, which I will keep alive for as long as my friends permit.

Feroc Aug 22, 2006 11:05am

Just one word: HolyShitThatReallySucks!

Rafvdv Aug 22, 2006 12:37pm

shit, I can't even stay calm reading the damn thing.

I wouldn't rest before someone paid for this.

SevenToo Aug 22, 2006 11:09pm

what raf says.

man i m enraged alone from reading this... much less could i stay calm if this crapload happens to me.

fricken unawesome.

sorry !!! this shiat happened to you and not to some doofus chasing two outers to beat me.