PokerTips.org Forums

PokerTips.org Forums (http://www.pokertips.org/forums/index.php)
-   Site Reviews (http://www.pokertips.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   witch pokerroom is you favorite? (http://www.pokertips.org/forums/showthread.php?t=65217)

Maddox_23 Dec 10, 2008 9:11am

witch pokerroom is you favorite?

i think about skipping all my money from different sites to one (maybe 2) but not sure on witch one...it's annoying to jump from one room to another, playing different limits, because of different bankrolls...so now i wanna ship my money, deposit all on one site and play there...but witch site...im playing a little bit of everything, from NL up to NL200, FL up to 5/10 and tournaments with buy ins up to around 50$...witch site will you choose...my main choices are:
Pokerstars
PartyPoker
Pacific Poker
Everest Poker
Ultimate Bet
Full Tilt Poker

cobalt Dec 10, 2008 10:41am

It depends a lot on rakeback, traffic, and software, imo. Given that you like to play MTTs, I'd say that FTP or Stars will be your best bets, but this is ignoring the much-bandied-about softness of sites like Everest. If you feel like you can play all of your games at a softer site where you have rakeback, that one. Otherwise, I'd consolidate to FTP or Stars.

Maddox_23 Dec 10, 2008 2:09pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by cobalt (Post 737679)
It depends a lot on rakeback, traffic, and software, imo. Given that you like to play MTTs, I'd say that FTP or Stars will be your best bets, but this is ignoring the much-bandied-about softness of sites like Everest. If you feel like you can play all of your games at a softer site where you have rakeback, that one. Otherwise, I'd consolidate to FTP or Stars.

yeah it's a pretty tough decision
PS: no rakeback,pretty tight FL,tough NL competition...great MTT's, great traffic

FT: pretty much the same (great FL HU traffic)

Party: fast cashouts, great traffic and competition...no rakeback, no HU tables..sometimes problems with updates due internet key

pacific: softest competition ever..no rake back..bad traffic, bad tournaments..

UB: great MTT's..good rakeback...bad traffic on FL HU (at least in european times)..tougher NL competition..and, hmm it's UB..

Everest: just checked it and got my account freezed AGAIN!! aaaahhhh (every time i travell and play from my laptop they freeze my account...and validation last time took 4 months!!!!!!)

Kristuzz Dec 10, 2008 4:53pm

It seems if FL and MTTs are an important part of you game, a consolidation at Full Tilt seems like the easy choice??

Gus Dec 10, 2008 7:47pm

I heard theres some kind of RB now at pacific ? Not 100% sure

Lord Mushroom Dec 10, 2008 7:55pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maddox_23 (Post 737657)
it's annoying to jump from one room to another, playing different limits, because of different bankrolls...

You only have 1 bankroll, which usually is the sum of your deposits on the various sites, and you should act according to that bankroll. The only reason to operate with different bankrolls is if you have big difficulties transfering funds around to and from the various sites.

But if you want to narrow it down to 1-2 sites, you should choose Party Poker. Soft competition and good traffic. Rakeback is of little importance compared to the ease of competition.

You may choose one more site for either extra easy competition (Pacific) or a site which offers HU play.

cobalt Dec 10, 2008 9:34pm

Ah, I assumed you had rakeback on FTP. Pokerstars offers you at least some rakeback, if you play decent volume (FTP has points as well, but afaik the program is not nearly as worthwhile).

Also, I think rakeback matters, as long as you're willing to game select.

shabak Dec 11, 2008 8:29am

Some affiliates give rakeback on FTP.
You can use your FPP's on stars to recieve money bonuses, but I haven't calculated to prcentage in rakeback it's equal to.
________
Medical Marijuana Care Mutual Deals

Mr Beaks Dec 11, 2008 1:27pm

I used to play at Pacific but moved to Party. Party always has the rep for being mega soft but imo Pacific is ridiculously soft. I moved because I was pissed off with the hand history / HUD setup at Pacific but I'm seriously thinking of moving back. Where else can you find half a dozen tables with a VPIP around 50%?

Anyway, Party has just re-vamped its loyalty program and it's much simpler and more generous. You can accumulate points quite quickly and spend them on cash or on sweetened bonus deals. Also, you can get pretty good re-load bonuses there too so all in all it's definitely worth a look.

If you can play at sites like Pacific and Party I don't see why you would even consider PS or FTP.

Aceintehhole Dec 11, 2008 3:45pm

Ive just moved from Stars to Party and im loving it there's so many nit grinders on stars its a joke Party all the way for some soft games