PokerTips.org Forums

PokerTips.org Forums (http://www.pokertips.org/forums/index.php)
-   PokerTips Lounge (http://www.pokertips.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   wanting to play at non-us sites (http://www.pokertips.org/forums/showthread.php?t=67565)

secondlife Mar 03, 2009 10:19pm

wanting to play at non-us sites

I'm willing to do whatever it takes and go through as much trouble if I can play at those poker sites that exclude United States. I'm looking at sites like Partypoker. If you are from the United States and playing at these sites, please let me know either here or via private message. Thank you very much in advance.

Timbilo Mar 03, 2009 10:30pm

You don't mention it, but I assume you're in the U.S. and trying to find loopholes to play at sites like Party Poker which prohibits the U.S. player?

Why go through all that hassle and stress? The only way I know of is to have a foreign bank account and foreign address.

darryl Mar 03, 2009 10:39pm

I would think with some kind of proxy, you could trick the software into thinking you are from outside the U.S. but if you ever try to cash out, you will probably run into issues, and really, isn't cashing out the reason why lots of us play?

Actually though, I have yet to cash out (or reload for that matter), but that's another story.

-d

SwoopAE Mar 03, 2009 11:13pm

Move overseas, or suck it up and play on the US-facing sites, there are plenty of fish for everyone.

I live in Australia and I rarely leave Stars/Tilt and when I do it's generally for a single tournament on Pokerroom/Pacific or whatever.

rpark Mar 04, 2009 1:05am

You'll need a proxy server service located somewhere other than the USA.

Getting money in/out isn't hard if you have a friend with an PP account to transfer money.

Snaggle Mar 04, 2009 2:19am

1.you need a foreign host.

2.you need them to set up a bank account for you using their address and stating your address is their address.

3.you need to access the site by;

a) having them place a hard drive with an operating system in their PC and you'll have to remote access that.

b) use a proxy server.

Alternately you need to:

1. Establish residence in a foreign country.

2.set up a bank account and neteller account using that address.

3. Use a proxy server to log into the sites and neteller (one located in the country you "live in".:wink:

Face it as an American you can't play the no Yanks allowed sites without a lot more trouble than they're worth.

Red4Eva Mar 04, 2009 2:23am

gl w/ that

Fredrik Mar 04, 2009 4:01am

I heard a lot of scandinavian players use this site as a proxy to play from countries like Thailand, where they block access to gambling sites. You might want to check it out, but the hard part is going to be to set up a good way to handle cashouts. I don't know how to do that. You should at the very least check out what the poker site's rules say about this. It would really suck if they have the right to take your money when they find out where you really live.

WaxHaX0rS Mar 04, 2009 4:23am

I think most poker sites have the right to just take your money whenever they want anyway. Not that that means this is a good idea...

SwoopAE Mar 04, 2009 4:54am

Doing this is completely retarded, I think we have established this.

What, there aren't enough fish on Bodog if you want to endure lousy software for the fish?