PokerTips.org Forums

PokerTips.org Forums (http://www.pokertips.org/forums/index.php)
-   Poker Stories (http://www.pokertips.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Aussie Millions (http://www.pokertips.org/forums/showthread.php?t=72240)

SwoopAE Dec 16, 2009 8:30am

Aussie Millions

Dual purpose thread

First, who's going from the forum?

Second, if I decide to play the Main Event (10.5k AUD, which is about 9.5k USD) would anybody be interested in buying action at something like 1.1? I can probably sell off about a third to people I know IRL, if I can sell off two thirds or so of myself i'll play. Will sell action at close to face value or a very small markeup (1.1 or w/e)

Field will be 650-850, it's probably the softest 10k event in the world outside of the WSOP ME. I played in 2008 and finished ~90th in an 800 field after running KK into a set about 40bb deep and then shoving AQ with my last 7bb and losing a race to 66 near the bubble. The structure will be very good so i'd imagine i'll cash about 20% of the time even though only 10% of the field gets paid.

killcrazy Dec 16, 2009 10:00am

Quote:

Originally Posted by SwoopAE (Post 844246)
Dual purpose thread

First, who's going from the forum?

Second, if I decide to play the Main Event (10.5k AUD, which is about 9.5k USD) would anybody be interested in buying action at something like 1.1? I can probably sell off about a third to people I know IRL, if I can sell off two thirds or so of myself i'll play. Will sell action at close to face value or a very small markeup (1.1 or w/e)

Field will be 650-850, it's probably the softest 10k event in the world outside of the WSOP ME. I played in 2008 and finished ~90th in an 800 field after running KK into a set about 40bb deep and then shoving AQ with my last 7bb and losing a race to 66 near the bubble. The structure will be very good so i'd imagine i'll cash about 20% of the time even though only 10% of the field gets paid.

i'm an old man, what the fuck does 1.1 mean?

If I take 1% of you, what % of your payout do i get?

Kc

DoubleU Dec 16, 2009 10:12am

About 0.909% if you ask me.

kmay06 Dec 16, 2009 10:37am

Quote:

Originally Posted by killcrazy (Post 844261)
i'm an old man, what the fuck does 1.1 mean?

If I take 1% of you, what % of your payout do i get?

Kc

Quote:

About 0.909% if you ask me.
I assumed he meant 1.1:1. i.e. if you buy 10% action you get 11% of winnings.

DoubleU Dec 16, 2009 10:57am

Considering that it's apparently the softest 10k event in the world I'd assume he meant the other way around, since Swoop would have a decent edge over the field.

SwoopAE Dec 16, 2009 2:45pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoubleU (Post 844269)
Considering that it's apparently the softest 10k event in the world I'd assume he meant the other way around, since Swoop would have a decent edge over the field.

This

Lots of people sell at 1.2-1.5 to 1, i'd do slightly less since although my ROI in the tournament is probably +50-100%, i'd want shares in me to be a good investment.

Just throwing this out there to see how much interest there is and also if anyone else plans to make the trip.

I had a +4k day today, if I can pick up 10k or so this month it definitely increases my chances of playing.

I may still find a full backer though which would definitely be helpful. Networking with rich live pros has its benefits.

CMBurns Dec 16, 2009 3:01pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmay06 (Post 844266)
I assumed he meant 1.1:1. i.e. if you buy 10% action you get 11% of winnings.

Only Jamie Gold would do this and win the Tourney....

SwoopAE Dec 16, 2009 3:05pm

I'd have to be pretty bad at poker to sell shares at 90% of their value when i'm buying in directly lol

Maybe i'll sign up to chipmeup, i'm a moderatly well known player on the australian live scene with one fairly deep run in AM in one attempt and my online results speak for themselves

Has anyone used chipmeup to sell action in a tourney?

CMBurns Dec 16, 2009 3:08pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SwoopAE (Post 844304)
Has anyone used chipmeup to sell action in a tourney?

Please report your experience, if you do this.

SwoopAE Dec 16, 2009 3:09pm

Will do. I'll go check out the website now actually, although I won't post shares for sale there until I know I haven't got a backer for the main + i'm definitely going anyway