PokerTips.org Forums

PokerTips.org Forums (http://www.pokertips.org/forums/index.php)
-   Poker Stories (http://www.pokertips.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Ever Have to Play When Your Sick? (http://www.pokertips.org/forums/showthread.php?t=75840)

IronLen1972 Sep 16, 2010 3:14am

Ever Have to Play When Your Sick?

Thought it might make an interesting thread to relate stories of playing while your sick. I think it has probably happened to all of us, whether it be a tournament we have satellited into, or illness that comes on while in the late stages of a tournament, or playing live.

I get infrequent migraines myself. Happened today while I was playing a 50 man SNG. Still managed to TID but I wondered who in their right mind would suffer through a migraine to take down a tournament....which of course made me think of all my fellow degenerates here at PTips.

IronLen1972 Sep 16, 2010 8:35pm

I hope you all die of scurvy.

killcrazy Sep 17, 2010 12:56am

i don't think this is the kind of place where many people are wont to talk about their bloody diarrhoea.

come to think of it i did make $800 on the snooker while periodically shitting blood about 4 years ago.

Kc

staphros Sep 17, 2010 2:10am

Quote:

Originally Posted by killcrazy (Post 922212)
i don't think this is the kind of place where many people are wont to talk about their bloody diarrhoea.

come to think of it i did make $800 on the snooker while periodically shitting blood about 4 years ago.

Kc

<Jim Davidson Joke Here>
</Jim Davidson Joke Here>

killcrazy Sep 18, 2010 2:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by staphros (Post 922230)
<Jim Davidson Joke Here>

awight, pikka bawl aht the bag do what?

*holds it up* lahv a dack, ee's ahnly gorn an got the fackin' nignog bawl inee!

(come to think of it there aren't any black snooker players, mr davidson must have succeeded in having them all sent back. joke aborted.)

Quote:

</Jim Davidson Joke Here>
Kc

SwoopAE Sep 18, 2010 2:58pm

I've been below 100% for a few multi day live tournaments. Can't recall any time I got sick after starting a session online.

LimpIn Sep 24, 2010 2:30am

Quote:

Originally Posted by killcrazy (Post 922539)

(come to think of it there aren't any black snooker players...)

Kc

Black snooker player

Axis of Evil Sep 24, 2010 4:55am

I once had to play my league night poker game while having scurvy (or maybe it was the flu), But I obviously survived. It's one of the very few times when getting sucked out on to be eliminated that I was happy about it.

I also took some crazy purple pill once a guy gave me at a live game and my heart was racing so badly that I walked out and laid in my truck for an hour. When I came back to a perplexed table I told them I was having technical difficulties.

killcrazy Sep 24, 2010 2:18pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by LimpIn (Post 924512)

yeah but the joke doesn't work if you say "come to think of it there's only one black snooker player, jim davidson must have been only partially successful in having them all sent back".

Kc