PokerTips.org Forums

PokerTips.org Forums (http://www.pokertips.org/forums/index.php)
-   Poker Stories (http://www.pokertips.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   How was your 2010? (http://www.pokertips.org/forums/showthread.php?t=76847)

SwoopAE Jan 01, 2011 3:07am

How was your 2010?

It's time for reflections and goals.

So how was your 2011?

I ran slightly below expectation for the first time ever online, although nothing disasterous outside of my march-may downswing. Ended up somewhere from +50-60k on the year. Graphs to come. Interestingly, my profit was split almost down the middle between live and online thanks to three live scores (17.5k, 10k and 9.5k) and a bunch of mincashes that basically covered buyins. Also made about 6k staking people live. Onlinewas fairly disappointing both in volume and results; I think I only made something like 30k online in 2010.

My goal for 2011 is 70k if I don't hit a 20k+ score and 100k if I do.

CMBurns Jan 01, 2011 10:43am

Quote:

Originally Posted by SwoopAE (Post 941275)
So how was your 2011?

Don't play today :tongue:

IronLen1972 Jan 01, 2011 4:44pm

I ran like a dog with no legs for much of it.

My graph looks like a line drawn straight across a page for the most part...So we can leave it at that.

Red4Eva Jan 01, 2011 11:08pm

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/5867/2010da.th.jpg
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Really weak online results. The last 7-8 months of 2010 I basically was a live pro. Total for 2010 I think I made $77.5k. My goal was 100k but I'm pretty happy considering I probably only work like 25 hours a week.

Next year 100k is my goal again, need to get back in the online scene.

Fredrik Jan 02, 2011 1:59am

Horrible results all year. Pretty much breakeven (+2.9K) before rakeback and bonuses. I'm determined to get back to winning consistently this year, so I'm setting my goal for 2011 to 60K (+rakeback). I won 743 today, so I'm ahead of schedule. :smile:

Red4Eva, congrats on the nice results, but I also have to say that threads like this would be a lot less annoying if people who post pictures could make them smaller.

kid hustlr Jan 02, 2011 7:44am

Great Idea for a thread, would be nice to see some of the better german posters / better players in general post some thoughts.

My year was a year of 2 halves, I was up 135kish by the end of June on the back of my biggest score ever in the miniftops main event. From there it was pretty much downhill with a 6 month/15k downswing. easily the toughest stretch of poker I've been through but thats life and to say I was up 120k on the year is a pretty cool feeling.

2011 is very hard to set goals because I'll be moving away from poker and attempting to build a career / get a job in the office environment. If I can just play my best and play when I can I will be happy. I also wish to play as much volume as possible before I start working (haven't landed a job yet so I could walk into one tomoro or it could take me ages, I really dont know).

Gl in 2011 all.

edit: lol +1 to fredrik the large size is is seriously hella annoying

Red4Eva Jan 02, 2011 8:32am

thanks fredrik, and fixed :p

SwoopAE Jan 02, 2011 3:03pm

Yeah my year was kinda four quarters

Jan/Feb I was up over 40k after two months

March-May I went on a three month 20kish downswing

June-November I grinded out 30k or so with a bunch of close calls and no huge scores

December was a breakeven nightmare of close calls despite a ridiculous number of deep runs.

Also, bink on 10,000 posts.

Ozone, do I get a prize for being the first non-german to 10k despite a 2007 join date?

How about a 'in the time it takes to makes 10 posts/day you could probably make $10 playing poker therefore by posting at ptips you cost yourself a WSOP ME seat worth of time, but met some cool people so it was worth it' award?

IronLen1972 Jan 02, 2011 5:02pm

(could'nt plus rep you yet for starting this thread swoop, spread around etc I'll get to it soon as possible)

I have put some considerable thought to my poker goals for this year. It was a tough year for me away from the game and it certainly had an effect on my over all ability to earn at the tables.

I took the last couple of days to reflect on what I have learned, where I improved and what I need to do to get better in 2011. There were some (un)kind words from friends, who, with good intentions accurately pointed out some areas that I could be better at. Fundamentals are a recurring theme.

So, my first comittment in 2011 is to join a reputable training site. It has been said that the definition of insanity is trying the same thing repeatedly but expecting a different result. So, to change the result, we must try a new thing.

I have always considered myself a cash game player first and foremostly, yet I am faced with an uncomfortable truth about the online game of poker right now. The tournaments are simply easier to beat consistently. The talent pool of skilled cash game players at all levels have increased dramatically in recent years.

The game is about profit. So my goal in 2011 is to engage in activities that focus my ability to profit from this game, and to play the games I have the highest probability of returns for my investment.

I have always had some degree of balance between family, work and poker and have been able to sustain a healthy equilibrium. That will continue in 2011 and will make my poker goals seem somewhat more minute than most.

Goals for 2011:

- build bankroll online to 5k (might -make a healthy deposit to cheat a good part of the way there)
- play more live tournaments
- take a shot at least four times this year in a major
- increase profit last year to this year

joeyjoejoejr Jan 02, 2011 5:35pm

This my PLO and NL results on the year at party/betfair and interpoker:
(ev line is not accurate since on interpoker hand histories opponents hands are not shown if mucked and you get 100% of the ev if you win).

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r...rlyresults.jpg

In December I started to mass table grind low stakes again both rush poker and on stars. I put way more volume in december then I did the rest of the year combined. The graph is lol as you see I also played some higher stakes a few times.

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r...s/december.jpg

I think I lost about 10K in January playing on stars but I dont have the hand histories anymore.

Live poker - I had a great PCA winning a bunch including a nice blackjack run.
I probably played about 14 sessions besides that over the year ranging between 5/10 and 25/50 with the majority of play at 10/20. Not actually sure but I would guess I am up about 80K live on the year including blackjack.

Limit online - I did some silly things like playing 200/400 and 300/600 which didnt go very well..... I am up a few bets this year playing limit but down about 50K.

For 2011... I am currently on pace for SNE.... havent decided yet but the low variance guaranteed money is probably best for me right now. And because I will be willing to play higher than I did in 2009 and will play more PLO it might be something like 22hrs a week of poker.

I think I will probably not go for it but I do want to get back to supernova status quickly so I will have decent rakeback the rest of the year.