PokerTips.org Forums

PokerTips.org Forums (http://www.pokertips.org/forums/index.php)
-   Site Reviews (http://www.pokertips.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   jokerstars bingo?? (http://www.pokertips.org/forums/showthread.php?t=77950)

JC_coventry Feb 17, 2011 8:12am

jokerstars bingo??

does anybody find the poker at pokerstars a bit too unbelievable to be real?? .....ive mailed them about the unreal dramatics i see on their tables, frequent runner/runner etc....just basically mad cards and outs that dont seem as frequent on other sites or indeed real life :/ ....they have emailed to assure me all is independantly tested etc,sent links of bodies involved etc and say all is cool.......but i just cant get it out my head the software is programmed for 'dramatical effect' on the tables. id like to state this gives no 1 particular player any obvious advantage, but it would mean they are exerting an influence on the cards dropped and thats just not right :/ if there were Oscars in poker, Pokerstars would sweep the board :/ .....could i please get some experienced input on my question please ppl? :) ....cheers guys n gals

killcrazy Feb 17, 2011 8:28am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC_coventry (Post 950617)
does anybody find the poker at pokerstars a bit too unbelievable to be real?? .....ive mailed them about the unreal dramatics i see on their tables, frequent runner/runner etc....just basically mad cards and outs that dont seem as frequent on other sites or indeed real life :/ ....they have emailed to assure me all is independantly tested etc,sent links of bodies involved etc and say all is cool.......but i just cant get it out my head the software is programmed for 'dramatical effect' on the tables. id like to state this gives no 1 particular player any obvious advantage, but it would mean they are exerting an influence on the cards dropped and thats just not right :/ if there were Oscars in poker, Pokerstars would sweep the board :/ .....could i please get some experienced input on my question please ppl? :) ....cheers guys n gals

the phrase you are looking for is "dramatic effect", and no they don't do it for dramatic effect, they do it to increase the rate money circulates and with it, the rake.

Kc

JC_coventry Feb 17, 2011 11:45am

yes we still use pounds in England,we were the only European country to reject the Euro and keep our own....a pound is about $1.60 atm.....

2muchMONEY Feb 17, 2011 11:50am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC_coventry (Post 950617)
does anybody find the poker at pokerstars a bit too unbelievable to be real?? .....ive mailed them about the unreal dramatics i see on their tables, frequent runner/runner etc....just basically mad cards and outs that dont seem as frequent on other sites or indeed real life :/

1st) dont think its different on any other site
2nd) how many hands have you played "irl" compared to online? not much? no surprise. the more hands you play the more you'll see "unreal" situations.

unless you have a huge database of hands that proves that something shady is going i call bs on this.
as a side note, if you want to become a succesful player you might not want to rely on a hunch

JC_coventry Feb 17, 2011 11:50am

Quote:

Originally Posted by killcrazy (Post 950618)
the phrase you are looking for is "dramatic effect", and no they don't do it for dramatic effect, they do it to increase the rate money circulates and with it, the rake.

Kc

yes we still use pounds in England,we were the only European country to reject the Euro and keep our own....a pound is about $1.60 atm..... pokerstars converts it for me when i load......so Pokerstars DO influence the cards that drop.....thats wrong.....it should just be random selection with no over-riding factors involved :/

JC_coventry Feb 17, 2011 11:56am

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2muchMONEY (Post 950627)
1st) dont think its different on any other site
2nd) how many hands have you played "irl" compared to online? not much? no surprise. the more hands you play the more you'll see "unreal" situations.

unless you have a huge database of hands that proves that something shady is going i call bs on this.
as a side note, if you want to become a succesful player you might not want to rely on a hunch

...but now somebody says they do it to circulate money and increase rakes??.......something doesnt sit true........and ive played quite a bit irl over the last 5-6 yrs and havent seen the AMOUNT of swings with the cards that Pokerstars produce. simple.

2muchMONEY Feb 17, 2011 12:04pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC_coventry (Post 950630)
...but now somebody says they do it to circulate money and increase rakes??.......something doesnt sit true........

someone said that aids is totally made up. take your chances with a bunch of the dirtiest crack whores you can find and report back plz

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC_coventry (Post 950630)
and ive played quite a bit irl over the last 5-6 yrs and havent seen the AMOUNT of swings with the cards that Pokerstars produce. simple.

but you do realize that you see way more cards in 1hr online poker then you see in 1hr live poker, right?

killcrazy Feb 18, 2011 2:47am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC_coventry (Post 950628)
yes we still use pounds in England,we were the only European country to reject the Euro and keep our own....a pound is about $1.60 atm.....

thanks, i would pass that along to whichever cretin i've been quoting in my sig for the last five years if i could remember who it was.

also britain isn't alone in its rejection of the euro. firstly, the euro is the currency of the european union, not europe. so, for instance, norway retains the krone, being as it is a non EU country. secondly, a number of recent inductees have not yet adopted the euro and are still using their own currency; poland, romania, bulgaria, etc. thirdly, while all eu countries are obliged to join the euro at some point, the united kingdom and denmark negotiated opt outs in the maastricht treaty in 1992 and 1993 respectively. finally, sweden while officially on the road to the euro has deliberately failed to meet the necessary criteria to join and nobody seems to care.

Quote:

so Pokerstars DO influence the cards that drop
they don't merely influence them, they determine them. pokerstars deliberately selects each and every card that comes into play.

Quote:

it should just be random selection with no over-riding factors involved :/
the concept of randomness is exactly that, a concept. randomness does not exist, there are no random processes, merely processes whose mechanism is not or cannot be understood.

Quote:

...but now somebody says they do it to circulate money and increase rakes??.......something doesnt sit true........
yes, i lied. i was mocking you. also please be more judicious in your use of full stops, there are kids in africa who can't afford punctuation.

Quote:

and ive played quite a bit irl over the last 5-6 yrs and havent seen the AMOUNT of swings with the cards that Pokerstars produce. simple.
congratulations, you have ported a meme.

"Pokerstars is rigged, i can tell from some of the hand histories and having played quite a bit irl over the last 5-6 yrs."

somebody with photoshop skills take care of business please.

Kc

Boilermaker Feb 18, 2011 3:48am

Quote:

Originally Posted by killcrazy (Post 950703)
the concept of randomness is exactly that, a concept. randomness does not exist, there are no random processes, merely processes whose mechanism is not or cannot be understood.

In the distance, a discussion of the Copenhagen Interpretation ensues.

killcrazy Feb 18, 2011 4:36am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boilermaker (Post 950704)
In the distance, a discussion of the Copenhagen Interpretation ensues.

there are no random processes, merely processes whose mechanism is not or cannot be understood.

i reject the copenhagen interpretation. it is given far more credence than is merited, being little more than a kludgy placeholder theory until we figure out what is actually happening.

Kc