PokerTips.org Forums

PokerTips.org Forums (http://www.pokertips.org/forums/index.php)
-   Site Reviews (http://www.pokertips.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   OK Fellow Americans, who's playing where now? (http://www.pokertips.org/forums/showthread.php?t=78317)

bluesjack9 Apr 23, 2011 4:12pm

OK Fellow Americans, who's playing where now?

well guys are there any sites up and running for us? I hear Doyle's Room and BoDog are still taking Americans. Bluff magazine sent out an e-mail pimping Poker Host on the merge network.

Who is playing where?
Are any of these sites reliable?

darryl Apr 23, 2011 5:48pm

Personally I would wait until you hear of new subscribers successfully cash out without any hassles. Also keep in mind, it's going to be the hard core sharks signing up skewing the ecosystem. Average Joes will just suck it up and wait for some legislation.

-d

bluesjack9 Apr 24, 2011 2:12pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by darryl (Post 959847)
Personally I would wait until you hear of new subscribers successfully cash out without any hassles.
-d

Thanks that's pretty sound advice, although I'm just looking to play low stakes SnG's for entertainment purposes

Axis of Evil Apr 24, 2011 8:39pm

There is always Zynga on facebook. Yeay.

SwoopAE Apr 26, 2011 8:18am

Cake is a dying network where some people arent getting their withdrawals I recommend not playing there

Merge and Bodog make the most sense at the moment but dont leave more money online than you are happy to lose if the DOJ seizes them as well

sully Apr 26, 2011 3:13pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SwoopAE (Post 960314)
Cake is a dying network where some people arent getting their withdrawals I recommend not playing there

Merge and Bodog make the most sense at the moment but dont leave more money online than you are happy to lose if the DOJ seizes them as well

Bodgog is a decent site. I have played on there for quite sometime. But a couple of things that does suck about them.

1. You can only play 4 tables max
2. You can't do PTP transfers
3. No rakeback. They use a points system.

Sully

staphros Apr 26, 2011 9:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by sully (Post 960350)
Bodgog is a decent site. I have played on there for quite sometime. But a couple of things that does suck about them.

1. You can only play 4 tables max
2. You can't do PTP transfers
3. No rakeback. They use a points system.

Sully

Also HUD support and HH sucks.

Axis of Evil Apr 27, 2011 12:45am

Quote:

Originally Posted by staphros (Post 960389)
Also HUD support sucks.

so a level playing field then?

staphros Apr 27, 2011 1:20am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axis of Evil (Post 960422)
so a level playing field then?

There is no skill requirement in buying a HUD.

Also the cost of a HUD is not high enough to bar (m)any real money player from purchasing.

Axis of Evil Apr 27, 2011 2:36am

That is what they said about steroids in baseball.