PokerTips.org Forums

PokerTips.org Forums (http://www.pokertips.org/forums/index.php)
-   PokerTips Lounge (http://www.pokertips.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Poker Tip of the Day (for Twitter) (http://www.pokertips.org/forums/showthread.php?t=78394)

Ozone May 03, 2011 1:52am

Poker Tip of the Day (for Twitter)

PokerTips has a Twitter account now. If you follow it, you'll see links to articles we've added to the site, links to interesting forum threads in progress, and starting tomorrow, a "poker tip of the day" every day.

The "poker tip of the day" is something you as a forum user will have an opportunity to contribute to. I'm taking suggestions in this thread indefinitely for what the "poker tip of the day" should be. Your suggestion needs to be a maximum of 118 characters which isn't much so succinctness is the rule of law.

For every "poker tip of the day" suggestion we publish on Twitter, the member who suggested it will receive a :!: added to their profile. There is no limit to the number of these you can earn.

You can suggest anything you want up to and including humorous rubbish for our amusement. Just know that only decent "poker tip of the day" suggestions have a chance at making it onto Twitter.

Have at it. :cool:

Axis of Evil May 03, 2011 4:43am

When you are the dealer in a bar room tournament, are three handed, and have a player in a huge decision for all of his chips and also crushed, don't try to gather up the cards for the super slow old man who is next to deal in order to get him started and in the meantime muck your own cards in the process. I did this tonight. I still won the game eventually instead of much sooner, but I know I lost a year off of my life because of the stress. Yeah, I forgot the card protector tonight.

MRVEGAS May 03, 2011 7:59am

Obama keeps poker face after bin Laden order

Hey, its a start!

He was real slick at the White House Correspondents' Dinner

After the opening go to:

FF to 9:25min mark watch Trump get roasted.

The movie trailer at 12:30 is funny.

SwoopAE May 03, 2011 8:01am

Some cEV, $EV and ICM advice courtesy of SwoopAE

In the early stages of multi-table tournaments, you should generally make any play that produces a positive cEV situation, because the payout structure in most MTTs is top heavy and you should be looking to find spots that yield a positive expectation in order to accumulate chips.

In Sit and Go tournaments or when you are deep in the money in a MTT, $EV and ICM calculations are far more important and it is sometimes correct to fold in a spot where calling would produce a marginally positive cEV, due to the lost real dollar equity in risky situations where you may bust before shorter stacks.

In a winner take all shootout tournament, your cEV is the same as your $EV at your starting table since you need to accumulate all of the chips in play in order to progress to the next round. This means that independent chip modelling calculations are irrelevant until you are in the money during shootout tournaments because each chip you win is not worth less than the previous one in your stack at your opening table because the entire prize pool for the first table is effectively awarded to the first placed finisher at your starting table since only one player progresses to the next table.

Too long for twitter but meh figured i'd get the ball rolling

killcrazy May 03, 2011 11:21am

gay.

Kc

hinziboy May 03, 2011 12:07pm

no money HU, everyone is solid

now give me tha :!:

wolfcastle May 03, 2011 12:20pm

Tip of the day for american players:

Move to Canada :!:

darryl May 03, 2011 1:26pm

Voting for the major parties in the US is -EV for poker.

Hey, that fit easily.

-d

SwoopAE May 03, 2011 4:34pm

Money in HUSNGs because of the fish, but all the regs are solid

Ozone May 03, 2011 8:01pm

Swoop has earned a :!: