PokerTips.org Forums

PokerTips.org Forums (http://www.pokertips.org/forums/index.php)
-   Omaha Ring Games (http://www.pokertips.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   double paired hands (http://www.pokertips.org/forums/showthread.php?t=79128)

darryl Nov 04, 2011 1:51pm

double paired hands

Is it just me, or do double paired hands totally suck preflop? I dunno, I think they're only okay in family pots when you hit a set. But I'd much rather have a high pair and some high suits or connectors or something. Thoughts?

Sorry, this is a much more basic question than what's been posted in this forum lately. Maybe I'm just venting from a questionable decision.

-d

acehole_76 Nov 04, 2011 8:31pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by darryl (Post 984553)
Is it just me, or do double paired hands totally suck preflop? I dunno, I think they're only okay in family pots when you hit a set. But I'd much rather have a high pair and some high suits or connectors or something. Thoughts?

Sorry, this is a much more basic question than what's been posted in this forum lately. Maybe I'm just venting from a questionable decision.

-d

9933 is shit

JJTT ds is the awsome

darryl Nov 04, 2011 10:42pm

would you go AI pre with KsKQsQ against a fairly loose, but competent cannon? Let me rephrase that - a competent player, but you are about 60% sure he has AAXX or a four card wrap? I was about 125BB deep I potted pre, a couple calllers, he repotted which if I call, I'm essentally committing myself.

-d

acehole_76 Nov 05, 2011 3:04am

Quote:

Originally Posted by darryl (Post 984611)
would you go AI pre with KsKQsQ against a fairly loose, but competent cannon? Let me rephrase that - a competent player, but you are about 60% sure he has AAXX or a four card wrap? I was about 125BB deep I potted pre, a couple calllers, he repotted which if I call, I'm essentally committing myself.

-d

you are a 3:2 vs AAxx and you are racing the rest of his range 60% of the time. the otehr 40% you are ahead this is a get it all in spot. my question is what they hell does he have the other 40% of the time here. my guess is he has a 4 card connecting hand or AAxx alot more then 60%.

darryl Nov 07, 2011 5:28am

Quote:

Originally Posted by acehole_76 (Post 984629)
Quote:

Originally Posted by darryl (Post 984611)

-d

you are a 3:2 vs AAxx and you are racing the rest of his range 60% of the time. the otehr 40% you are ahead this is a get it all in spot. my question is what they hell does he have the other 40% of the time here. my guess is he has a 4 card connecting hand or AAxx alot more then 60%.

He's been known to push all in with far worse. It's hard to predict when, but he will gamble from time to time, so that's where I came up with him having aces or 4 card wrap 60%.

He showed AA99 two spaces, we ran it twice and I lost both. I guess it wasn't so bad. I was thinking double paired anything against aces is bad, but I guess not as bad as I thought. Still I would have much rather had KKJT or something along those lines. Weird though, it doesn't seem to affect the odds a whole lot. The suits seem to matter more. Ugg, I guess that's why I hate getting it in Preflop and would rather get it in post.

-d

GoldfishUltraDeluxe Nov 07, 2011 11:54pm

Hijacking thread to rephrase the question for Omaha8:

Any doublepaired hand you like outside the obvious ones like AA22?

Also:
Back when I played Omaha8 I would occasionally play any two wheel cards along with any pair (position is requred as well). It often failed but got me some spectacular scoops now and then...

GoldfishUltraDeluxe Nov 25, 2011 2:29pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldfishUltraDeluxe (Post 985114)
Hijacking thread to rephrase the question for Omaha8:

Any doublepaired hand you like outside the obvious ones like AA22?

Also:
Back when I played Omaha8 I would occasionally play any two wheel cards along with any pair (position is required as well). It often failed but got me some spectacular scoops now and then...

I really need to get a new alias to get replies to such posts.

darryl Nov 26, 2011 4:01pm

Change your avatar to a hot chick or something. Maybe that's why the Germans get more posts.

-d

Red4Eva Nov 29, 2011 5:36am

9933 etc great hands to 3bet. Rep aces on dry brds / flops with A (obv) with initiative and cbets. and get it in really good if you flop sets in 3b pots.

edit: obv doing this more IP