PokerTips.org Forums

PokerTips.org Forums (http://www.pokertips.org/forums/index.php)
-   Poker Stories (http://www.pokertips.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Went Broke (http://www.pokertips.org/forums/showthread.php?t=79161)

IronLen1972 Nov 26, 2011 1:29pm

Went Broke

I have been offline poker wise for too damn long.

I went broke online after a cash out.

Recession is killing my business irl too. So its a 360 degree turn from 2010 where I ran like a God and everything was easy.

I needed to say I went broke, to come to terms with it. I played badly at the end of it, and in the middle of it and quite possibly all of 2011.

That's my story. Going to deposit in December ($500) and grind up again. I have never used credit before to fund my poker, this will be my first time. It's my Christmas present to myself.

Also I have been ghost railing some of you guys which has helped considerably. Thanks Swoop and Ozone especially. Your hot run(s) were fun to watch.

jimmytrick Nov 26, 2011 7:37pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronLen1972 (Post 987010)
I have been offline poker wise for too damn long.

I went broke online after a cash out.

Recession is killing my business irl too. So its a 360 degree turn from 2010 where I ran like a God and everything was easy.

I needed to say I went broke, to come to terms with it. I played badly at the end of it, and in the middle of it and quite possibly all of 2011.

That's my story. Going to deposit in December ($500) and grind up again. I have never used credit before to fund my poker, this will be my first time. It's my Christmas present to myself.

Also I have been ghost railing some of you guys which has helped considerably. Thanks Swoop and Ozone especially. Your hot run(s) were fun to watch.

Ah Len, may God bless you.

Look for your spot. When I transistioned back to live all of my struggles changed from coping with the uncertainty of winning or losing to the certainty of winning albeit small amounts. That is where I belong. You belong somewhere, good luck on the journey.

Ozone Nov 26, 2011 7:50pm

Sorry to hear about the bad turn of luck, Len. Going broke sucks, but I think it actually does help to admit it. Time to turn the page, good luck!

IronLen1972 Nov 26, 2011 11:00pm

I am just trying not to be that guy that blames everyone and everything except himself.

I read a great post today off a blog that got me thinking long and hard about self assessment .

After reading it I had that "aha!" moment that told me that maybe, probably, almost certainly that my business taking a turn also had me playing in a less than adequate frame of mind. I am going to take a healthier approach to the game, try really, really, really hard to separate my results hand to hand and session to session and just focus on playing as optimally as possible and be self honest with my decision analysis.

etc.

Ozone Nov 26, 2011 11:03pm

Poker can be a brutal game, but you're definitely on the right track. It's all about just doing the best you can with the things you can control and not sweating the stuff that is out of your hands.

SwoopAE Nov 27, 2011 7:49pm

Happens to all of us from time to time, whats important is not going broke offline.

See you on the grind soon

TJTay89 Nov 28, 2011 5:12pm

Wolfgame is a good way to waste time for free when you are broke :P. I hope for a speedy rebound for your business! When real life is stable financially, online losses are easier to cope with imo. You seem like a guy with a fairly solid head on your shoulders, be careful about reloading a lot using credit, it can be a slippery slop, and it is hard to overcome the extra interest charged by credit companies.

killcrazy Nov 28, 2011 5:44pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJTay89 (Post 987298)
be careful about reloading a lot using credit, it can be a slippery slop, and it is hard to overcome the extra interest charged by credit companies.

the slippery slop used to be a prison hazing ritual in scotland until the introduction of the human rights act 1998. now they generally welcome new inmates to the wing by stabbing him in the balls.

Kc

Ozone Dec 01, 2011 12:19am

Quote:

Originally Posted by SwoopAE (Post 987131)
Happens to all of us from time to time

Intentional or unintentional Rounders quote?

SwoopAE Dec 01, 2011 11:01am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozone (Post 987636)
Quote:

Originally Posted by SwoopAE (Post 987131)
Happens to all of us from time to time

Intentional or unintentional Rounders quote?

Unintentional.