PokerTips.org Forums

PokerTips.org Forums (http://www.pokertips.org/forums/index.php)
-   Omaha Ring Games (http://www.pokertips.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Top Set - Scary Turn (http://www.pokertips.org/forums/showthread.php?t=79283)

MikeAK47 Jan 20, 2012 2:20pm

Top Set - Scary Turn

Not sure if I made the right fold.

Should I have potted the flop?
The reason I never is because I wanted to see the turn, if it was a blank I would have went with it.

Fold the turn here?

PokerStars - $0.02 PL Hi (6 max) - Omaha - 5 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

Hero (UTG): $2.00
CO: $5.02
BTN: $5.05
SB: $2.53
BB: $3.35

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has :As: :Jc :8s :Jd

Hero raises to $0.07, fold, fold, SB raises to $0.14, fold, Hero calls $0.07

Flop: ($0.30, 2 players) :4h :Td :Jh
SB bets $0.18, Hero calls $0.18

Turn: ($0.66, 2 players) :9c
SB bets $0.63, fold

SB wins $0.63

killcrazy Jan 20, 2012 4:53pm

so, if you're folding to a 9, that presumably also means you're folding an an A, K or Q, or a heart that isn't the ten (even if you aren't intending to fold, you don't know where you and your action has been queered)...so thats 19 cards you're going to fold to...but on the flop you're a substantial favourite over the range of hands that will play all in with you, and you're never worse than a ~5/4 dog.

so, push.

Kc

darryl Jan 20, 2012 5:13pm

As played, the SB is betting just about any turn based on the preflop reraise. The turn I would call and slow down and probably check call most rivers. If the river pairs, you know what to do.

I would have popped the flop though, it's a very drawy board. It probably helps to know if you have any history of the player too.

But as KC said, you can't be afraid of every single draw hitting, or you can't really play many hands.

Ozone Jan 20, 2012 7:00pm

You absolutely have to raise the flop here. It's Omaha. When you have the best possible hand on a draw-heavy board, get the chips in the middle.

darryl Jan 21, 2012 5:12pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozone (Post 991754)
When you have the best possible hand on a draw-heavy board, get the chips in the middle.

Are there any counter examples to this? Say I'm first to act and hit the nut straight zero redraws on a two suit board. I pot it, next guy repots, everyone else calls. I'm super deep. You know you pretty much need two blanks or you're toast. Would a call be better? Or am I just a variance nit?

-d

killcrazy Jan 21, 2012 6:13pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by darryl (Post 991799)
Quote:

When you have the best possible hand on a draw-heavy board, get the chips in the middle.

Are there any counter examples to this? Say I'm first to act and hit the nut straight zero redraws on a two suit board. I pot it, next guy repots, everyone else calls. I'm super deep. You know you pretty much need two blanks or you're toast. Would a call be better? Or am I just a variance nit?

-d

well, how much equity do you have?

is there still a question?

Kc

MikeAK47 Jan 22, 2012 2:07am

Quote:

Originally Posted by killcrazy (Post 991804)
Quote:

Originally Posted by darryl (Post 991799)
Quote:

-d

well, how much equity do you have?

is there still a question?

Kc

wtf is equity>?

i need to lay off the bells whiskey

+ stupid cat is scratching the fuck out of my PC chair coz the brat want me to stoke her and I paid like 180 to sit in comfort without stupid cats wrecking my leather. fuck this. end of the day.