PokerTips.org Forums

PokerTips.org Forums (http://www.pokertips.org/forums/index.php)
-   No-Limit Hold'em Ring Games (http://www.pokertips.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   Am I good enough here? (http://www.pokertips.org/forums/showthread.php?t=79647)

darryl Sep 18, 2012 5:52pm

Am I good enough here?
 
Haven't played in a few months. This was a live game. Nothing interesting happened during the session, so I'm posting this hand. That and no one posts in the strategy sections anymore.

$1-2 NL 9 handed. I'm sitting on about $180 in late position. A couple of limpers, I look down at 88 and raise it up to $10. SB and BB both call, so roughly $50 in the pot with five in the hand, I'm last to act. I had been playing pretty tight mostly just from being card dead.

Flop is K55. SB goes all in for his last $37. He had been playing a short stack game most of the time. He would do stuff like have $30, raise $12 pre and no one would call him since it was getting all in. It folds around to me. I'm thinking I only have to be good like 1 in 3 times and I should probably call.

But then I'm thinking there's no way he would take a stab at it with 4 more people to act. Then I was trying to decide if he was decent or not, and the fact that he was playing short made me think that he wasn't, but then I'm thinking, still - 4 people.

So what range to you put him on? Assuming he was small blind and has no problem even while short stack, putting 25% of his stack and and folding or pushing.

-d

BeluA Sep 18, 2012 6:00pm

really hard to construct a range where you have 25% against

Id expect him to jam AJo+ 99+ or something like that pre

and most shorties dont donkjam QTs here ever .. so he is super Kx heavy, which has you crushed with ~92%

darryl Sep 18, 2012 8:23pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeluA (Post 1005521)
Id expect him to jam AJo+ 99+ or something like that pre

See, he doesn't seem to jam pre, he just raises while short. If I saw him jamming pre, it would be easier to fold to his bet on the flop. I guess I'd put him on more Kx hands then. I dunno.

-d

killcrazy Sep 18, 2012 8:39pm

yeah this is pretty awful.

he obviously has a bunch of kings, probably down to about KT and K8s, plus a few 5s, all of which you're worse than 10/1 dog against. maybe the odd TT or 99 if he gets slap happy, same situation. even if he is sticking it in with something like JT, you're only a ~3/1 favourite...

all told his value range probably has something like 65 combinations of cards in it against which you have about 8.4% equity. you need like 31% equity to call taking the rake into account. you have 73.2% equity against the fluff, so;

(65*0.084) + 0.732x = 31

5.46 + 0.732x = 31

0.732x = 25.54

x = 35

which is convenient because 35+65 = 100, so he has to be betting here with bollocks a full 35% of the time for you to be able to call.

i think it's reasonable to assume that 35% of his range isn't garbage given the number of players he'd have to get through.

Kc

BeluA Sep 18, 2012 9:14pm

while we are on it..

whats our play on:

K54r
K76r
K32hh

darryl Sep 19, 2012 5:19pm

Yeah, I kind of thought it was a bad call. It was time to leave one hand before that. Man, I'm terrible at NL cash games. It sucks I can't get in a PLO game without driving kind of far and still having no guarantee of the game even going. Not that I'm better at PLO, but the players are terrible.

-d

WESTCOPPPP Oct 10, 2012 5:19pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by darryl (Post 1005520)
Haven't played in a few months. This was a live game. Nothing interesting happened during the session, so I'm posting this hand. That and no one posts in the strategy sections anymore.

$1-2 NL 9 handed. I'm sitting on about $180 in late position. A couple of limpers, I look down at 88 and raise it up to $10. SB and BB both call, so roughly $50 in the pot with five in the hand, I'm last to act. I had been playing pretty tight mostly just from being card dead.

Flop is K55. SB goes all in for his last $37. He had been playing a short stack game most of the time. He would do stuff like have $30, raise $12 pre and no one would call him since it was getting all in. It folds around to me. I'm thinking I only have to be good like 1 in 3 times and I should probably call.

But then I'm thinking there's no way he would take a stab at it with 4 more people to act. Then I was trying to decide if he was decent or not, and the fact that he was playing short made me think that he wasn't, but then I'm thinking, still - 4 people.

So what range to you put him on? Assuming he was small blind and has no problem even while short stack, putting 25% of his stack and and folding or pushing.

-d

r d K5 suited

acehole_76 Oct 19, 2012 9:30pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by darryl (Post 1005550)
Yeah, I kind of thought it was a bad call.
-d

KK5 and you can call :)


All times are GMT. The time now is 5:00pm.

vBulletin 3.7.4 Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.