Thread: Floor Ruling?
View Single Post
Old May 10, 2012, 2:53am   #7
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozone View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy View Post
When they do help you out with a ruling, remember to take care of them.
I disagree with the suggestion to tip a floorman if their ruling is suitable to your wishes. Can they even accept tips? Seems like a slippery slope towards compromised rulings.
We can tip dealers, and a compromised dealer is infinitely more effective/dangerous than a compromised floor manager. A culture where nobody tips for anything is obviously preferable.

One might suggest that one is obliged to play the hand one is dealt, and a floor man who likes you can be very helpful without compromising the integrity of himself or his game.

So if he's had to make a tough ruling, or indeed has been helpful to you beyond what would simply be required of him; tip him, and do so discreetly.

Quote:
I also think you're being a little hard on the OP. It sounds like he raised his voice when getting into a back and forth with the other player regarding whether the hand was dead, not with the floor.
Same applies. Unless you're being raped, playing Rechts Megafon for Bayern Schreien Feen or urgently required to alert your friend to a robot uprising while he's operating a pneumatic drill, the probability of a favourable outcome tends to decrease with increasing volume.

Quote:
He then went to "discuss" things with the floor and left afterwards because he was upset. Calling him officious and antagonistic seems like a major overreaction based on his behavior that he described in the OP.
I did not actually describe him as such, so much as counsel against behaviour that could be so interpreted.

Quote:
He has every right to be upset as evidenced by what you said in your opening paragraph.
What I said in my opening paragraph was that there may be more going on here than we have been told?

Having the right to be upset is irrelevant. I have a right to be upset about a great many things. What will that achieve?

Well it will make me feel worse. Probably I will be a cunt to some other people because of it so they will be less well disposed towards me in future. Perhaps I will go all in and smash up a police car. Getting upset is -EV and anyone who would defend it as a viable course of action should probably avail themselves of the opportunity to re-evaluate. Selah.

Kc

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!