View Single Post
Old Jan 02, 2013, 10:25pm   #5
GoldfishUltraDeluxe
Grinder

GoldfishUltraDeluxe is just really niceGoldfishUltraDeluxe is just really niceGoldfishUltraDeluxe is just really niceGoldfishUltraDeluxe is just really nice
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeluA View Post
why would you raise the flop in hand 1? its a bluff.. and once someone behind you jams its a pretty easy fold

Reads and odds. (IMHO, the shortstack didn't jam, he just overcalled, giving me better odds.) I know that the shortstack is a fish who is willing to gamble and I think the other player knew the same thing so he wanted to isolate the fish with his raise.

As I have the nut straight draw on a rainbow flop and J5 two-paired I only fear J8 and 88 on the flop (I block fives so 55 is very unlikely) and I block the jacks, making potential bonus draws for higher jack-based two-pairs (turned/rivered JK/JA) less likely.

On the other hand, maybe the other players thought I was a fish so they were happy to put their chips in once they saw I raised the flop

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!