Thread: Chess
View Single Post
Old Feb 08, 2014, 8:15pm   #337
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyjoejoejr View Post
Yeah Basically. Nakamura even missed Nc8, played Nc4.
mm. when this kind of thing happens it's usually because the master has seen something you missed rather than the other way round,

Quote:
Computers basically say d6 went from forced win to somewhat even.
forced win is a bit strong. +- certainly. i'd say after the line i have, the position is =+, possibly -+ and conceivably but almost certainly not =.

Quote:
Why the position is kind of unique is its a middle game zugzwang.
depends on how you define zugzwang. most people use it to mean "whatever i do i'm fucked", in which case any forced mate is zz. i prefer to reserve it for positions where the player loses if he must move but draws if he can pass.

Quote:
Say 1. Ka2, black cant move queen or rook, Nd6 just loses the knight other knight moves allows d6, and moving the b pawn allows for the d6 and now blacks queen is blocked from joining any attack on whites king through the b file.
sure, but how many times are you going to pass with your king? black still has positive moves here. 1.Ka2 b5 2.Ka1 b4 3.Ka2 b3+ 4.Nxa3 and black is ahead. so what actually happens is, after b5 white plays something else like Qf1, breaking his attack and allowing black to move some other stuff. black is going to lose but people lose all the time.

so yeah, crush crush crush blunder lose. pretty standard tbh

Kc

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!