Thread: Ice Hockey
View Single Post
Old Aug 04, 2014, 3:22pm   #5
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by balthazarr View Post
yeah, that's what most people seem to expect but the delay and him telling to swiss media that there is some debate over the contract lenght made me wonder if there will be a surprise.
unless something creative happened at the last cba, he's only considered to have 2 years of pro experience, so has 5 years of rfa left...it's possible they're trying to find a fair 3 or 4 year deal. longer than that won't happen.

Quote:
hmmm, that's a tough question. I wouldn't mind another defenseman but I am not even sure how an appropriate trade would look like... I guess I'd trade him for Victor Hedman?
yeah i don't see tampa making that trade for some reason.

if we were to make an offer it would likely be something around despres. we'd also have to send you some salary so, despres+sutter, with a pick thrown in with nino to balance it. could also give you scuderi if you'd rather have a solid defenceman.

unfortunately i don't think it's the right time to be moving either despres or sutter; bylsma hated despres for some reason, probably because he insisted on being defensively responsible instead of just spacking the puck up the other end and icing it, and sutter spent the entire year playing with ahl forwards. both guys perceived value right now is much lower than true value...scuderi is in a similar boat, he looked awful trying to play bylsma's system...nino's value could well go up this year too. lets revisit this at the trade deadline when all the players concerned have had a chance to establish themselves.

Quote:
now that Neal is gone the pens have definitely become more likeable to me. I also like this Määtä guy. Is he planned to be a top 6 defender next season?
yeah but you have matt cooke. when matt cooke is on your roster you lose the right to talk about anyone else being dirty.

maatta will be on the second pairing when he gets back from his surgery. boy has a very bright future.

Kc

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!