Thread: Ice Hockey
View Single Post
Old Aug 18, 2014, 1:48pm   #13
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketJokers View Post
The lottery is so stupid. I remember the sabres and penguins both had the same chance to land Crosby back in the lat draft.
so did the rangers and bluejackets...and i think someone else...either way it was only about a 6% chance.

Quote:
I rather neither team get him, it should have been the worst team that year.
it was the lockout year. but if you want to use the 2003-04 standings to determine who the worst team was, okay, it was pittsburgh.

not that that should have been how they did it, you can't hand a team two first overalls for one year's performance.

Quote:
Does anyone in pro sports actually tank anymore? Coaches are fired more often than characters on game of thrones die.
yeah. except in pittsburgh where dan bylsma gets to burn off 4 of the best years of two of the best players to ever play the game...granted sid was injured for a bunch of that but still, i'm glad he's dead.

the lottery is supposed to prevent tanking, and as we've seen, it works tremendously well, but what is the alternative?

alternatives are presented occasionally, and "journalists" who don't know how to math get terribly excited about them, but they are basically all terrible. that one about counting up the points you score once you're eliminated from the playoffs and whoever has the most points by that count picks first is my favourite. you know ottawa scored as many points in the three games they had after being eliminated as buffalo did in the 14 games they had after suffering the same? yeah.

Kc

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!