View Single Post
Old Sep 17, 2014, 4:43am   #6
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogogota View Post
It is 100% true. Why on earth would I make it up?
i didn't say you made it up. it's more likely that you've omitted or misunderstood something. i'm erring towards the latter.

Quote:
First you say it is common place then you say you don't believe it. Which is it?
both; stars' practices are at or above the industry standard, and i have seen too many stories like yours that invariably end with the user have done something retarded or been unreasonable.

if you hadn't come in accusing pokerstars of extortion because they want you to prove your identity before processing funds in line with the terms and conditions you agreed to when you signed up, i might consider you more credible and be slightly more sympathetic, but you did so i don't and i'm not.

Quote:
You know what they say about people who attack the speaker instead of the argument killcrazey.
actually i attacked both, such as they were. your argument is strewn with gaping defects in logic. that isn't logic's fault.

Quote:
You are just another cyberbully punk who attacks people on the internet becuase you don't have the guts to do it in real life.
if you like.

Quote:
The point is if I had know that they do this I never would have deposited money with them, if you feel the same then don't.
well shit, it feels like this whole misunderstanding could have easily been avoided if pokerstars had taken the time to explain their policy on fund transfers and account verification. perhaps they could publish it on their website so that everyone could read it before trying to send them substantial amounts of money.

maybe it could say something like this:

"As part of PokerStars' licensing agreement and in compliance with anti-money laundering legislation, Users need to be aware they may be required to produce personal documentation (such as Government issued ID, bank statements and utility bills) upon request in order for their deposit or cashout to be processed. This allows PokerStars to help protect the Users and prevents PokerStars from being used as a vehicle for money laundering or fraud."

granted i'm not a lawyer, but that seems both robust and reasonable to me.

lets pause for a moment and ask ourselves exactly why you are terrified of providing this documentation to pokerstars...what exactly do you expect them to do with a picture of your passport? you think they're going to print it out and use it to smuggle black tar heroin into florida? they can do far more with your credit card number than they could with your bank account details, and you've already told them where you live so what the fuck are they going to do with proof of your address?

Kc

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!