Thread: Ice Hockey
View Single Post
Old Jan 15, 2015, 3:41pm   #19
balthazarr
zahltinbar

balthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by balthazarr View Post
Did something happen during the game I am not aware of?
suter decided to randomly elbow steve downie early in the second. fortunately we were 2-0 up and it was steve downie, so no penalty.
looks like he was frustrated about missing the chance just before the incident. things like this are bound to happen now, odds are high Cooke is going to brake someones leg in the next 5 games.

edit: oh, just saw he got a 2 game suspension for it. great, just in time for the matches against Buffalo and Arizona, let's show them who the real tank-job is! (rooting against your own team is somehow fun too )

Quote:
the goaltending situation in minnesota has been rotten for a while. backstrom has been getting steadily worse for about 3 years, harding's health is always in question, and nobody had any idea how good kuemper was until this season when we discovered he sucks as a starter.

apparently he's traded a third round pick for dubnyk, presumably because the coyotes fancy a shot at mcdavid, what with smith having been an absolute turd on skates this year and dubnyk actually looking okay for the first time in a long while.
you know the situation is dire if Dubnyk is your upgrade.

Quote:
as for pominville and vanek...it feels like fletcher doesn't realise you're allowed to sign anyone who plays any position other than wing...which is kinda hilarious because wings should be the last piece of the puzzle.
side effect of this is that two of our most productive goalscorers this season average 15min or less of ice time while usually being stuck on the 3rd...

Quote:
you have no depth at center, or more correctly, you're missing a first line center. your defense is suspect once you get past suter, and your goaltending is awful. yeo deserves the criticism he's getting, but it's not his fault that granlund isn't stamkos and kuemper isn't price.
for the most part I agree but we weren't a disaster in the first quarter of the season and I still refuse to believe that we are this bad on paper. yes, we could use another solid defender but I don't mind our defense. yes, we could use a great C like Malkin, who doesn't.. but I don't mind Koivu and Granlund should have the talent to develop into a great center. we had a shaky start into the season but we still played a solid posession game and outshot our opponents in most instances. we won against Montreal at the beginning of december and had a 14-9-1 record. Just 6 weeks ago we had more points than Boston, SJ and the NYR! then around christmas we lost 3 games in OT and somehow this broke the spirit of the team and they forgot how to play hockey ever since. I feel like they collectively realised that they have no realistic chance at achieving anything this season with Kuemps/Backs and they only give 80% since that realisation.

I think the first thing we need to fix is the goaltending and by fixing I don't mean Dubnyk who will serve as a less funny Bryz for this season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy
[blame] fletcher. he's responsible for the coach and roster.
well, nobody has had the presentiment of Harding having a tendency to self-harm and to be honest I kinda believed in Kuemper as a new #1 after the incident. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt until next season...

Quote:
florida have broken my spreadsheet since apparently they're rated higher than the penguins, blues and ducks..
does this mean that they've made you some money?

Last edited by balthazarr; Jan 15, 2015 at 4:42pm.
balthazarr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!