Thread: Ice Hockey
View Single Post
Old Mar 11, 2015, 6:06pm   #23
balthazarr
zahltinbar

balthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by balthazarr View Post
I think the first thing we need to fix is the goaltending and by fixing I don't mean Dubnyk who will serve as a less funny Bryz for this season.
how foolish will I look after Dubnyk wins the Vezina?

but, yeah, ahem...: DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOBBBBIIIIIIIEEEEEEEE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy
it's true that it's uncommon for a tall man to be as agile as as a man of average height, but professional athletes are, by definition, physically remarkable, and what you can actually do is the only thing that matters.
Dubnyk still looks a little bit shaky when he has to leave the crease but his wide butterfly is a thing of beauty and his mental game seems to be on point so far.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by balthazarr
(yeo outcoached?) maybe, it's hard for me to say without watching the games but when I look at the numbers like the game vs Chicago 8 days ago we have 44-20 shots on goal and lose 2-4 it feels to me like the system still works but the individual strenght isn't there at times.
Quote:
true, if you look at the top half dozen or so teams in shots/game you're going to see some familiar names, plus minnesota, but this stat is a poor one to track. what we should be asking is, how many good scoring chances are we creating per game? unfortunately, one of these can be tracked objectively, so that's the one we record.
from the looks of it, it wasn't all bad as we are now in the top10 for goals per game as well.

Quote:
but you're a goalie. would you rather face a team whose modus operandi is to take shots at you whenever and as soon as they get the chance, or a team that's going to set up and manoeuvre, keeping you and your defencemen moving about, tracking players and having to adjust angles until something shakes loose and then takes the shot?
I was playing in youth leagues where I think you could make a case for 'more shots on goal = more goals' as sooner or later the puck is bound to roll in somehow. This obviously doesn't translate to NHL-level goaltending except you are playing the Oilers.

Quote:
apparently coyle is getting a bump from .975 to 3.2, brodin from 1.444 to 4.167, and scandella from 1.025 to 4.000. granlund, haula, and folin are all rfa. dumba and spurgeon are up next year...better hope the cap goes up i guess.
to be honest, I have no clue about the finance/trade-side of things as I am too busy atm to follow such things. Last time I checked the scores I didn't even know half of the team: Leopold, Bergenheim, Stewart? Who are these people?
balthazarr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!