Thread: Ice Hockey
View Single Post
Old Mar 12, 2015, 1:14am   #24
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by balthazarr View Post
how foolish will I look after Dubnyk wins the Vezina?
told you he was good.

not going to win the vezina though, that's going to price. habs fans will be insufferable. i mean even more insufferable, given that they've done nothing but blether on about how great price is since he was drafted.

Quote:
Dubnyk still looks a little bit shaky when he has to leave the crease but his wide butterfly is a thing of beauty and his mental game seems to be on point so far.
actually you're wrong. the reason dubnyk is enjoying such success is because of a revolutionary new goaltending technique called "moving your head to see what's going on". it's now (apparently) illegal to pass comment on dubnyk without emphasising this at the exclusion of all else.

Quote:
from the looks of it, it wasn't all bad as we are now in the top10 for goals per game as well.
i'm being very cautious with minnesota right now. they slumped hard and then got hotter than the sun. still very difficult to evaluate them, though i stand by my argument that the team is built weird.

first round match up is critical. i think optimal is to finish 4th in the division and get the wild card spot against anaheim. not because anaheim are weak, i just think st louis and nashville are going to be a tough fit for the wild.

Quote:
I was playing in youth leagues where I think you could make a case for 'more shots on goal = more goals' as sooner or later the puck is bound to roll in somehow. This obviously doesn't translate to NHL-level goaltending except you are playing the Oilers.
well, scrivens is better than anything buffalo have. of course it doesn't help that buffalo have traded away 47 goalies this year.

in any case. guy comes tearing down the boards and fires the puck directly into the crest on your jersey. unless you pull an nhlpa 94 and suddenly dive four feet to your right for no reason, that's never a goal, but it is a shot. not all shots are created equal.

Quote:
to be honest, I have no clue about the finance/trade-side of things as I am too busy atm to follow such things. Last time I checked the scores I didn't even know half of the team: Leopold, Bergenheim, Stewart? Who are these people?
it was easier when we had capgeek, it was a great source of information. now i have to actually remember things.

and those guys are your deadline additions. i remember those. i also remember all our draft picks and prospects mysteriously turning into pumpkins come june. thanks shero.

pretty good pick ups for you. stewart could be a diamond. came into the league and made a big noise about 5 years ago, then sort of faded away.

Kc

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!