Thread: Ice Hockey
View Single Post
Old Apr 13, 2015, 1:08pm   #28
balthazarr
zahltinbar

balthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy View Post
oh how glad am i that this thread got bumped.
I had a feeling that you might want to get some things off your chest

Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy
might i recommend asking youtube for "vesa toskala 197 foot goal". that should get you where you need to be.
to be fair, even though it's from farther away, because of the unpredictable bouncing I think that one is much harder to stop than a straight slapshot from centre ice.

Quote:
we traded a sledgehammer on skates of a 23 year old #4 defenceman for a 5th round pick. we are fucking awesome.
yeah this trade doesn't make a ton of sense. I did some research and apparently they wanted more experience for the playoffs over long term quality which sounds like some bs to me. Then I found some rumors about him having some off-ice disciplinary issues which sounds like even more bs. Even if that was the truth, just trading him away seems like the worst option to deal with something like this...

Quote:
the guys on my team you can name, they are awesome.
what about Kunitz? he gets some heat on the pens boards.

now for some play-off predictaments!

St. Louis - Minnesota

For some reason I am not very optimistic. They have more individual strenght and they really don't want to drop out in the first round again. I have to pray Dubnyk steals some games and hope their goaltending becomes an issue.

Prediction: St.Louis in 6.

Nashville - Chicago

I'd rather play Nashville in the second round than Chicago. Roman Josi is probably the best Swiss player in the NHL right now so I have to root for the Preds anyway. On the other hand I have a ton of respect for the Blackhawks. Their team has a lot of depth and experience. Also their coach looks always so bad-ass behind the bench.

Prediction: Chicago in 6.

Anaheim - Winnipeg

Winnipeg has always been a pain in the ass to play against this season. Their goalie has been pretty good lately and they seem to have a great team spirit as well. I feel like this match-up will be much closer than most people predict.

Prediction: Anaheim in 7.

Vancouver - Calgary

I saw a couple of Flames matches this season. They are very fun to watch and even though I am not a fan of Hartley and his antics I will be rooting for them. I don't know much about Vancouver other than the Sedins and that they have changed their logo from a cool looking skate to a fish-shaped c, or is it a c-shaped fish? All I know is that I own 3 hockey jerseys from back when I was playing: one from my favourite swiss team, a red blackhawks and a black vancouver one because I thought they looked sweet. Ever since they changed their logo I can't care for them anymore...

Prediction: Calgary in 7.

Montreal - Ottawa

Couple weeks ago this would have been a very easy pick. Now Pacioretty is hurt and the Senators and their goalie are running hot but I don't see them getting past the team with the lowest GAA of the pre-season.

Prediction: Montreal in 6.

Tampa Bay - Detroit

Everybody loves Datsyuk and Zetterberg, too bad they don't get younger. I don't see them having much of a chance against a team that seems to be better on every level.

Prediction: Tampa Bay in 6.

New York - Pittsburgh

I hate to say it but I feel like this is the most lopsided match-up. I saw half of the match against the Isles and to me they didn't look like a team that is about to pull off an upset against the presidents trophy winner.

Prediction: Rangers in 5.

Washington - Islanders

Who gives a shit.

Prediction: Someone in 6.

Draft Lottery next saturday will be exciting, i just hope the Bruins or Avs don't win. Also rooting against some boring teams like Carolina and Arizona. For some reason I would like the Oilers to win.

Prediction: Flyers win the draft.

Last edited by balthazarr; Apr 13, 2015 at 1:30pm.
balthazarr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!