View Single Post
Old Apr 26, 2005, 3:09pm   #9
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Firstly, holocaust is a noun not a verb.

Secondly, were holocaust a verb it would be incorrect to use it in this instance, since the word holocaust suggests loss of life specifically. The word is Greek in origin, from holokaustos meaning to burn whole. Its initial meaning in English was to sacrifice by fire, and appeared in the mid 13th century.

As well as its sexual and criminal definitions, the verb to rape means to seize and take away by force. Clearly therefore, it is a perfectly legitimate word to use in this instance.

I'll say that again. His use of the word is absolutely appropriate.

To the use of words like "gay", all I can suggest is that you get over this as quickly as possible. Perhaps you personally find that offensive, that's fine. I find closed minded stupidity offensive but am forced to tolerate it.

Should I choose to use the word gay to describe, for instance, a television show about faggots who make heterosexual men look like arsefucking poofs, that's my prero...actually this is a bad example.

Should I choose to use the word gay to describe, for instance, a small fluffy dog, that's my prerogative and in this context the word gay is clearly defined as "bad", "tasteless" and perhaps "unappealing". This is no way indicative of my opinion of gay people, even if they are responsible for the AIDS.

True there are those with an antiwhoever agenda, in their hands words like queer, nigger, jewscum fuckpot and the like take on a different meaning. Understanding the intent behind the word is of greater importance than diction itself however.

So, I ask you, how is a word offensive? Like a sword it only becomes a weapon when used it in that manner.

Kc
killcrazy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!