View Single Post
Old Apr 26, 2005, 7:25pm   #1
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripwalk
Also ....

If you had a close friend, or loved one who you knew had a terribly traumatic rape experience.. Would you use this expression with this friend?
Yes, have done.

Quote:
Would you go up to them and tell them: "Man, I just got raped by my Chemistry exam". Or would you realize that even the word conjures up terrible images and memories for them, and they would likely be offended by your loose usage of the word?
No they wouldn't, because the people I consider friends aren't wankers.

When you've actually lived through a traumatic soul destroying event you really don't give a shit about four little letters.

Quote:
If you answered that you would use the word, then you are kind of heartless and inconsiderate to your friend.
And your father sodomised you on a regular basis throughout your childhood. Isn't it great to make stuff up.

Quote:
If you answered that you wouldn't use the word in this situation, then you obviously see how this could be damaging, and maybe can see how the word usage isn't appropriate, as anyone you said this too could have the same reaction to your friend, as it is likely you wouldn't know if one of your good friends had been raped anyway.
No, I know exactly how many of my good friends have been raped. You might say that's why we're good friends.

Kc
killcrazy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!