Thread: E-book Promo
View Single Post
Old Nov 11, 2005, 6:51pm   #15
the_fox31
Resident Fox

the_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA_kid
I would recommend the book as a starting place for players, but it really is Fundamentals.
Agreed.

I finished it last night, and some comments:

- The first part was an excellent summary of the strategy articles on this site, up to the advanced section on this site.

- The second section on ways to play certain hands was definately very helpful, but might be guilty of presenting a cookie cutter aproach that many new players will latch on to. This might mot be a bad thing at first, as the advice (from what I can tell) is 100% solid.

- Also in the second section are betting tactics, and this was my favourite part. I liked it because it went into reasons why you might make certain plays, and was much less narrow minded than most advice I've read on the internet.

- I've never read a poker book before , and so have nothing to compare this too, but it helped me a bit and I would recomend this as a great way for beginning players to step up their game.

Thanks again to our fearless site admin.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!