View Single Post
Old Mar 10, 2006, 4:29pm   #1
Idaelus
River Rat

Idaelus
Send a message via Yahoo to Idaelus
Default Could you make this call?

This happened in a $50 buy in 10 person home tournament, NLHE.
I play with these cats every once in a while, and they are fairly weak, just check calling all of the time. I haven't played with them in a few months, but here is the hand set up.

This is the first hand, everyone has 2000 in chips, blinds 10/20.
You (the villan) are in 7th position with 8h-3h. Every one has limped up to you, and you decide to limp also. Pos. 8 and 9 limp. Now the handsome man on the button, (the hero) makes it 150 to go. SB & BB call, and all the limpers to you call (?!?!?!?!?!?). And you call. Pos 8 & 9 call too.

The flop is 2h-3s-4h.

SB and BB check, 3rd bets 215, every one to you calls, you call, 8 & 9 call, handsome button hero pushes all in, every one folds to you. Can you make this call?

Well you do, and you 10-8 flush ends up beating the hero's 10-6 flush when the 10h hits the turn.

I bet 150 to go from the button with 5h-6h. Before I hear cries of outrage, I would have made the same bet with just about any two cards in that position against this particular group. They like to limp, but don't like raises too much, and will generally fold. No one was more surprised then me to have 9 callers to that bet. And when I hit the hand, I was thinking Whoo-Hoo!

On the flop, when 3rd position bet 215, I put him on the nut flush draw, as that is consistent with his play. (He later confided to having Ah-9h) with all of the callers, I felt the best way to take down this pot would be to push-in, and make it so the nut flush couldn't call the bet. I figured the only call I would get would be if someone else had 5-6, and that I would be free-rolling against them.

Did I misplay this hand? Any help would be great.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!