Thread: SNG Analyzed
View Single Post
Old Nov 03, 2006, 7:57pm   #1
Hustlr
║▌║█║▌║▌││║▌║

Hustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to beholdHustlr is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to Hustlr Send a message via AIM to Hustlr
Default SNG Analyzed

Here are some hands from the last #60 Turbo SNG I played. Just figured I would pick one to analyze, for mine and everyone else's benefit. I'll post the flash replayer link since it's easier that trying to decipher the HH's.

Hand 1 - Call all in with A8o in BB

7 players left at 75/150. I'm in BB with 915 left after posting. I've played with BB John a thousand times. He is a very good SNG player. That means I can put him on a much wider range of hands here than I could vs an inexperienced player. He has 10 BBs, but he is only risking 6 BBs with his push. He has to pick up chips and I expect him to push with a lot of better than average hands.

First lets, see what the SNG PT's thinks of his push. Like I said, my calling range is looser against this specific opponent, so let's say my range is something like "A7+, 44+, KQ+"

SNG PT says:
EV Fold = $53.73 , EV Push = $62.52

He can push with any two cards here. Just based on my calling ranges, I'll call around 11% of the time. With 225 in the pot, it's +EV to push on me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, for my call with A8o. Since I know that he knows to push any two cards here, I chose to call being ahead of his range. I dont think he pushes absolutely any two. He might fold 42o and 93o. But let's assume he is pushing any two cards.

SNG PT says: EV Fold $33.25 , EV Call = $42.74

According to SNG PT, if I think he is pushing any two cards, I can call with the top 50% of my hands. A8 is well within that range. But, again, I think he willbe somewhat selective. Let's give him a range of "22+,A2+,K2+,Q7+"

SNG PT says: EV Fold $33.25 , EV Call = $38.00

I can call with the top 18% of my hands, which are "44+,A7o+,A2s+,KJo+,KTs+". So looks like A8o is correct. And I think this range is a little tight for him. I'm sure he pushes JT, T9s, and such hands.

Last edited by Hustlr; Nov 03, 2006 at 8:26pm.
Hustlr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!