View Single Post
Old May 24, 2007, 1:36pm   #2
skeptix82
Making Monies

skeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud ofskeptix82 has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to skeptix82

These are good questions.

Quote:
Are you making the money with a big stack most of the time that you make the money?
Not necessarily. I'll be in the middle of the pack just as often. It is, though, true that my style often leads to massive stacks right after the money bubble.

Quote:
What weakness of your opponents are you capitalizing on most?
I tend to capitalize on two weaknesses the most. A lot of so-soish tourney players understand that aggression is key, but have no sophistication to their aggression. They'll open a lot of pots for raises, but tend to re-raise less. Against these players, I re-raise often. You'll find that in general I re-raise more than I open, and in today's tourney environment, I think this is the right way to go about it.

Against good players, I know what they're thinking when THEY reraise, but they often muck up the numbers. Often, when they reraise my open, if the numbers are heavy enough I'll 4-bet them. If the numbers are lighter, but I'm OOP, I'll stop and go.

Quote:
When are you most active during the tournament?
Definitely from 14 players down to the final table. I'm actually rather passive for most of the tournament, but become rather aggressive in the late mid-game towards the money bubble.

Quote:
Is there any specific advice you can give to help someone who makes the money as often as you do, but doesn't finish well?
Reraise lots. Put them to a decision for their tourney life. Look up stats on the players left to see who will care about the money and who won't. Put a lot of pressure on anyone who seems to be out of their league.

If the table is full of nits, open a whole bunch but generally reraise less. If the table is full of semi-knowledgable people, open less but reraise more.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!