View Single Post
Old Jun 11, 2007, 9:38pm   #5
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

1. Losing 1 hand cannot ever = a downswing. You want to know what a downswing is? Try 25 set over set losses in a row (the first 3 of which were when my opponent hit a 1 out river...). 25xbuyin =

2. You played the hand fine, so did your opponent, you got unlucky, it happens. That's why we have a bankroll - anything can happen in 1 hand, or 2 hands... or 35000+ hands (well, maybe only if you're me).

3. On the nut flush hand, you coolered 2 other opponents for more than you lost in the first hand you posted. I think you can take solice in the fact that you had good luck on this second hand (for being dealt a nut flush vs 2 lower flushes) to compensate for the 'bad luck' on the first one. While luck never really 'compensates' logically, you can think of it that way and probably the first beat won't hurt so much.

4. If you find the 'swings' you're detailing too stressful you probably need to drop limits and learn bankroll management (these aren't even swings IMO, lol). I know that's not easy for live poker, but you might consider sticking to the lower level of buyin so that the 'swings' are less. Playing live is so easy that even a squirrel-nutcollector-bankroll-horder like me would be comfortable with 15 to 20 buyins for a given level. But any less than that and you risk the possibility of swings that will cripple you, unless you can reload.

Bankroll and 'swing' threads are definitely +EV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!