View Single Post
Old Jun 20, 2007, 12:51am   #1
Fredrik
Professional

Fredrik will become famous soon enoughFredrik will become famous soon enough
Default Another kind of bad beat

After 17 consecutive tournaments without cashing, I finally do well in one. 6th in chips with 10 people left (of 1272) in the 50+5 on stars. 13.5K to the winner. I've been playing great and feel good about my chances even though I'm a bit shortstacked.

Then my Internet connection died! I tried for a few minutes to get it working again. Hm, is there someone I can call who can finish this tournament for me. No, it's past 2 AM here. Great, now what do I do? Last time I checked all my neighbors had encryption configured on their wireless networks, so I won't be able to use those. I have to at least try. Nope, no one has left it unsecured. Hm, maybe one of the other buildings here...

So I put some pants on and take my laptop outside. I scan for wireless networks in at least 5 different spots until I find one that works. This has taken me 15 minutes or so.

I start up my Pokerstars client and see that I'm still in the tournament. 8 people left. But of course I'm a lot more shortstacked than before. I get dealt rags for a while, and then I just have to push my A9 from two before the button, since I only have a bit more than 3 BB. I get called by KQ. Three low cards, another low card, a low card, AND A MOTHERFUCKING QUEEN!

I got $985.80 for 8th. Better than nothing I suppose. And there's also no way my battery would have lasted long enough to win the tournament.

The most annoying part of this is that it may be my own fault. I may have forgotten to pay the bill.

Last edited by Fredrik; Jun 20, 2007 at 12:55am.
Fredrik est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!