View Single Post
Old Dec 21, 2008, 12:32am   #3
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Cash in a 5k or 10k Buy-in Event

Only played one. I bubbled Aussie Millions, does that count? Um, no. Made a few deep runs in 1-2k buy-in tournaments but didn't cash in anything with a higher buy-in than $550.

Biggest cash of the year was $12,500 for fifth in the Series 8 $200+16 FTOPS HA Event

Win a bracelet

Okay, aiming a little high there. Give me a few more years. There's a decent chance I go to Vegas this year and if I do, i'll play at least one or two events.

Make 50k Profit Online

I think I made about 30k profit online and something like 8-10k live this year if you don't count Aussie Millions (since I had satellited in online last year).
Move up to $50 SnGs, $109+ MTTs, Become a solid steady winning 1-2NL player online.

I don't play SnGs anymore since they're garbage but I would imagine i'm a break even player at $50 SnGs. Not that I would ever grind SnGs. Filthy nits.

My average MTT buy-in is up to about $40 this year but I haven't played higher than $75 freezeout/20rebuy MTTs on a regular basis. I'm playing higher than I was a year ago though, my ABI would have been about $15-20 then.

I'm still a breakeven player in cash games higher than 50NL, although I haven't put in the hands to test how high I can go because I lose interest too quickly.
Avoid downswings, run good, ideally run like Jerry Yang...

I ran above average all year until around September, especially in July/August, had a downswing and ran bad until late November, running average since then. Haven't put in many hands since October.

Play Aussie Millions, Aruba and one other major WPT WSOP APPT or EPT buy-in this year

I played Aussie Millions and finished 93rd with 80 paying, running an overpair into a set with ~40BB on the last hand of Day 2 with about 100 players left and then shoving my last 7BB with AQ and getting called by 66 and losing a race to bubble.

I didn't attempt to satellite into Aruba this year since I don't play on UB anymore after the scandal.

I put minimal effort into WPT/EPT/APPT/WSOP satellites this year for some reason.

I did however play several live events including the Main Events at the Melbourne Poker Championships, Victorian Poker Championships and PokerNews Cup for a total of 2 final tables and 5 cashes out of about 20 events played including chopping the Teams Event heads-up at the Melbourne Poker Championships for 14.6k (~11k of which was mine, about 8k if you include action I sold here at PTips).

I also busted Joe Hachem twice in Omaha Hi-Lo events. He tilts hard IRL.

Last edited by SwoopAE; Dec 21, 2008 at 12:36am.
SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!