View Single Post
Old May 08, 2009, 12:43pm   #3
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

The problem with live poker is you're seeing 20-30 hands/hr so it takes months to meet your weekly expectation (by online standards) and years to meet your monthly and a lifetime to meet your yearly expectation. Because of this, you need to be a MASSIVE bankroll nit if you're going to play live for anything other than entertainment or shot-taking purposes. For example in Vegas, i'm going there expecting to lose half of my bankroll over the month a high percentage of the time and i'm considering it taking a shot. I wouldn't do it under normal circumstances with my bankroll, although i'm overrolled for the stakes I play online for the most part so I figure taking a shot doesn't really hurt me. If I needed the money to live, I wouldn't be playing live donkaments.

If I was trying to grind out a living playing live I wouldn't want to be playing even cash games with less than 30-50 buyins for my stakes. Yes, that means a minimum of 6k or so for 1/2NL. Bottom line is, most people simply aren't rolled for the games they're playing. Variance and rake are a bitch. I tried grinding 2/5 live for a while, the hourly rate just blows after rake here in Australia and would only be slightly better in the US

Bottom line is your sample size is almost certainly way too small to know whether you have leaks or you're just experiencing variance. Post some key hands maybe?

SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!