View Single Post
Old May 10, 2009, 6:24pm   #5
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyo3030 View Post
assuming it's bad luck, is taking a break and trying to get some more money together to get overrolled the only solution here?
Yes

I agree that 200NL live plays like 25NL online and 500NL live plays like 50NL online, but because you're seeing 20hands/hr you WILL go through downswings if you play underrolled because it takes much longer for your true edge to come into play. Obviously you'll have huge upswings too, but like any cash game, a 10BI downswing is quite possible. So don't play underolled unless it's entertainment money.

I've passed on 5/T and T/20NL live tables with awful fish simply because i'm not rolled to play that high. Don't play out of your roll or you will go broke eventually. I went through a downswing last year in MTTs for about 300-400 ABI that would have crippled me but i'm a bankroll nit so I survived to play (and win) another day. You should do the same (only i'd say 20-30BI is enough for live cash with a smallish risk of ruin, 50BI+ and you're fine if you're profitable; but if you're playing with a 5-10BI bankroll, you're going to go broke a lot)

SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!