Thread: Chess
View Single Post
Old Mar 26, 2010, 10:20pm   #13
the_fox31
Resident Fox

the_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggnh View Post
Flange me with a waffle iron....

After reading this thread I have come to realize that as far as what I know of chess....

It's checkers with funny looking pieces that move differently

I think that is a wonderful comparison of the knowledge gaps

Can you rail these chess matches railable? or if it is a move a day maybe pretty pictures in a post :p
I'm not sure about places like FICS where I haven't played before, but at chess.com it isn't really possible to chat with the players in the game window (players can chat with each other). It's definitely possible to watch other peoples' games though just like opening another table on a poker site. You just can't read the private chat between the two players.

We've only played correspondence matches so far, where you can move as fast as you like (every couple seconds) or take a few days to move. We've played 3 days/move but we rarely use the full time. You can set it up to be faster or slower.

There is also live chess where you can play with a clock - any time setting you like.

It's all good fun ggnh, and if you're interested in picking up the game, then this is a friendly and easy way to do it.

Edit: Fixed my post

Last edited by the_fox31; Mar 26, 2010 at 10:27pm.
the_fox31 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!