View Single Post
Old Jun 21, 2010, 12:05pm   #29
DoubleU
Calling station #1

DoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond repute

1. Spam does not "frequently go undeleted" here by any means. Are you suggesting it does, or should I not infer this from your post?

2. Since you don't know if this board gets on average 1, 10, 100 or 1000 spam posts a day, you don't know what percentage of spam is cleaned up fast enough for the crowd not to notice, which would seem to me to be the fairest yardstick to measure mod performance against. If the answer is 1000 posts/day, it would be unreasonable to expect to never encounter any undeleted spam, if the answer is 1 post/day you could reasonably expect to rarely run into that post. Of course, the odds of finding not yet deleted spam go up as you log onto the forums more frequently. In any case, I don't think anyone here is suggesting or expecting 24/7 mod oversight so yes, spam will occasionally go unnoticed and therefore undeleted for, say, a day or so. If you feel like you have a solution to this problem, feel free to share it with all of us. You're also welcome to report any unnoticed spam and it will get dealt with asap.

3. Leaving aside for a moment the fact that the Betfair promotion post could fairly easily be mistaken for spam (something which 2mM has conceded and apologised for, so there), when 2mM sends you a private message (or warning, whatever - this may or may not offend you more than a regular pm but I don't really consider it very relevant) regarding your post this does resemble "go[ing] about his duties quietly" a lot more than it does "stomp[ing] around in size 6 jackboots waving his shriveled banhammer dick". To me at least. You're of course free to disagree with any moderator's decision or with any of the forum house rules and to air your grievances, but it does strike me as a little odd that you're pretending 2mM blew all this up into some sort of public dick-waving contest when he intended to keep everything between him and you, hence the private warning.

Quote:
When DoubleU says, "wtf, no" you should take heed.
- jimmytrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus View Post
youre thinking ship all the money to big daddy and are now thinking about how to receive that shipment
DoubleU est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!