Thread: NL Video
View Single Post
Old Jul 24, 2010, 9:50pm   #7
joeyjoejoejr
Professional

joeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by podbelski View Post
Yeah, from what I know it is very standard to give up when the turn pairs top card of the board. Though sometimes I hear it is still an ok spot to barrel if the flop is more drawy, cause the chance he folds a flushdraw increases (I mean he thinks you should not be bluffing paired turn, so your bet indicates you have a hand, and he knows he might be already drawing dead)... So my last question is, can you imagine a situation where it's ok to bluff-barrel paired turn?
If I am barreling the top paired card, I would like to have some equity (say a flush draw or a gutshot + overcards to the second pair)
I would also like to know that he is often raising the flop with his TP so I can take that out of his range on the turn.

So barreling 4s9sKK with QJ (and following through on river) might be okay if you know KJ and KQ are raising you alot on the flop and AK is not in his preflop range.

Quote:
So does this mean there are no made hands that you are cbetting with but decide to check-call the turn and check-decide the river? Maybe 66 or 77? I'm still kinda lost, what is better - try to check them down? Or cbet, then check-call/check-decide? Or try to fold mid PPs by 3barreling?
In general I would like to avoid spots where I have to ck decide on two streets. It just allows him to outplay you to often either with thinish value bets or bluffs.

If I'm ck calling the turn with 66 I would like to know that villian either is very float/bluff happy so I can call the turn and river or is float happy and will also give up on the river often. Both of these are fairly optimistic assumptions. Also I think AK is a better than a small pair to do this with. Still beats air but at least has some outs if you were wrong

I would usually cbet with 66, but probably just ck fold turn. He will ck down with A high or smaller pairs sometimes.

Quote:
Ok, that's fine by me. Back to OTB position, can you see yourself bluff-raising here if you miss the flop? (like with overcards or 78s with BDFD+BDSD?
Yes, I would be bluffing raising here randomly with overcards/backdoor stuff. I would like to have him seen me raise in a similar type spot for thinish value before I start doing it to often as a bluff. You have to be a bit careful or your range will quickly get too bluff heavy.

For the second time I raise a guy in a similar spot, I like to do it for value. He could be thinking that I know he knows that I can do this for value. So when I'm doing again he is thinking its a bluff....

Last edited by joeyjoejoejr; Jul 24, 2010 at 11:04pm.
joeyjoejoejr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!