View Single Post
Old Jan 02, 2011, 4:02pm   #7
IronLen1972
Degenerate

IronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant future
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

(could'nt plus rep you yet for starting this thread swoop, spread around etc I'll get to it soon as possible)

I have put some considerable thought to my poker goals for this year. It was a tough year for me away from the game and it certainly had an effect on my over all ability to earn at the tables.

I took the last couple of days to reflect on what I have learned, where I improved and what I need to do to get better in 2011. There were some (un)kind words from friends, who, with good intentions accurately pointed out some areas that I could be better at. Fundamentals are a recurring theme.

So, my first comittment in 2011 is to join a reputable training site. It has been said that the definition of insanity is trying the same thing repeatedly but expecting a different result. So, to change the result, we must try a new thing.

I have always considered myself a cash game player first and foremostly, yet I am faced with an uncomfortable truth about the online game of poker right now. The tournaments are simply easier to beat consistently. The talent pool of skilled cash game players at all levels have increased dramatically in recent years.

The game is about profit. So my goal in 2011 is to engage in activities that focus my ability to profit from this game, and to play the games I have the highest probability of returns for my investment.

I have always had some degree of balance between family, work and poker and have been able to sustain a healthy equilibrium. That will continue in 2011 and will make my poker goals seem somewhat more minute than most.

Goals for 2011:

- build bankroll online to 5k (might -make a healthy deposit to cheat a good part of the way there)
- play more live tournaments
- take a shot at least four times this year in a major
- increase profit last year to this year

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!