View Single Post
Old Jun 27, 2011, 1:16am   #17
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyjoejoejr View Post
Okay, ill bite
this is gonna be fun

Quote:
The advantage would be if you think the others scared money or if you think making them rebuy will tilt them but what is wrong with lowering varience in general....

In home games I play I usually let them run it twice basically because I don't care either way in and being a nice guy helps gets me invited again.
okay if we're playing with chumps then you do whatever they want to do, i'm talking about "real" games. also worth noting that a culture of running it twice encourages action, but you don't really have the ability to instill this culture in the same way you can straddle or buy everyone drinks.

so, in addition to the value of making people rebuy, and the possibility that all your opponent's money for the night is in front of him, you establish a don't fuck with me image. you want to play for stacks? you're playing for your stack. not half your stack twice, the whole bag. this discourages people from shoving on you with their draws and giving you a hard decision with your strong but not monster hands. say the draw has 1/3 equity, if he has to play one board he's felted 2/3 of the time. if he gets to play 2 boards then he's only felted 4/9 of the time, true he only scoops 1/9 of the time, and 4/9 of the time we chop it up but that's the showdown value. running it twice moves the balance of value towards fold equity when you're playing a draw, and all that shit i said a couple of sentences ago that should really have appeared here in the conclusion.

refusing to run it twice also makes it more intimidating when you move, which is nice.

Kc

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!