View Single Post
Old Jun 27, 2011, 2:05pm   #22
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyjoejoejr View Post
I agree with you but you of course there are positives to running it twice as well...

What acehole was starting on... ie you have 3 times the max buy in and you are fliping for your whole stack.

There are other villians with similar stacks that you believe you have a large edge against. Clearly keeping your stack intact is important and should run it twice or more if possible.
some math would be required at this point. i still lean towards running it once.

in every situation you give me, we're going to be talking about this hand value vs long term value. running it twice is often going to be merited if this is the only hand we're going to play, but we're going to play millions of hands after this one.

Quote:
Live games have pratical limits for the amount of buy ins you can bring. Yes I am not stupid enough to bring only a few buys but I dont want to bring 15 either. Running it twice makes more unlikely I have to leave because I am limited by the amount I brought.
cultivating friendships is +EV.

Quote:
Hero himself is not immune from tilt.
actually, i am.

i promised cory an article on how to become untiltable about a year ago. unfortunately, i am also extremely lazy.

Quote:
Running it twice to lower variance and avoid a huge beat is good for hero's mental health.
if you have emotional problems, granted, but you shouldn't be playing so high that this is an issue for you imo.

Kc

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!