Thread: Plo mtt
View Single Post
Old Jul 20, 2011, 7:47pm   #9
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwoopAE View Post
Villain is a competent tag
My first thought on seeing this hand was whether a 'competent TAG' would ever check Jxxx on the flop here. That seems to be more the line that a sandbagger or someone with fancyplay syndrome would take. The board is dry and he's got 2 callers, if he has Jxxx he's at worst a flip against 55xx or another Jxxx (assuming no domination). Besides which, a competent player would realize he's potentially screwing himself over by giving free cards (unless he had JJxx, but we know that isn't the case).

That said, a lot of players will check/flat as a sandbag with Jxxx or J5xx on that board, but I wouldn't normally expect competent players to do that into 2 callers.

I would have thought given how he played the flop, 55 was more likely than Jxxx because 55 actually might have good reason to check the flop (for pot control). Again, this assumes he's competent. Many bad players would play Jxxx here slower than they would play 55xx, but you think he's decent. That said, I don't know what counts as decent for a $22 plo donkament.

By the turn I'm beginning to suspect he has Jxxx, but I still don't think it's as clear as your chat suggests. He could have called the flop with an overpair and now feel obligated to call again because he can't figure out if you have the J or not. This is especially true if he thinks you're capable of moves.

And by the river, I don't think you can fold given the pot size and how the hand played out. Kc is right that he might not always donk the river with quads. To me this is a crying call. Most of the time he has it, but I wouldn't be overly shocked to see something like KKxx either given the weird way the hand ran out.

*cue Kc flame attack*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!