View Single Post
Old Oct 25, 2011, 7:52pm   #1
Ozone
The One Who Knocks

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ozone
Default DraftDay $100 PokerTips Freeroll

The promotion described below is only available to Canadians and Americans.

Hey guys,

I've been helping out a new daily fantasy sports site launched by the CardRunners guys called DraftDay by contributing to their blog (author name: runitup).

I was able to work out a deal with them to run a $100 freeroll exclusively for PokerTips readers. I'll tell you more about that in a second, but first a little info on what exactly daily fantasy sports (DFS) are.

Unlike traditional fantasy leagues where you draft a team and are stuck with them for the season, DFS allow you to draft a team just for a one-day league. There is a UIGEA exemption that allows for fantasy sports to be played for real-money. So the site is basically like sit-'n'-gos for fantasy sports.

You can enter games with buy-ins ranging from $1 to $500 on DraftDay. Unlike a lot of traditional fantasy sports leagues where you take turns drafting, DFS works differently in that every manager is given a salary of $100,000 with which to assemble a typical fantasy sports roster. So, in theory, it is conceivable that everyone could have Tom Brady on their team, etc.

For those of you who are into the NFL and fantasy sports (or are just into free money), there are two ways to get your hands on some loot at DraftDay without having to risk anything:

1. Sign up at the site through a link from PokerTips. After you register, click the "NFL" tab, then click the "Private" tab and "Join". In this lobby, you will find our $100 freeroll listed. The name of the league is a 3-letter acronym for this site. So I'll give you a hint, it starts with a P, ends with an O, and there's a T in the middle. Join that freeroll by using password ptipsftw. After you join, create your NFL roster and click "Submit Lineup". The league will run for this weekend's (10/30/11) games.

The league is capped at 100 entrants, so signup now in case it fills.

There are the following payouts:

1st: $25
2nd: $18
3rd: $11
4th: $9
5th: $7
6th: $6
7th: $5
8th: $4
9th: $3
10-15th: $2

But wait... there's more. As an added challenge, I'll give $5 directly out of my pocket to anyone who scores a higher total than me (runitup) for the week. The money will be transferred to your DraftDay account. In order to be eligible for this $5 "Beat Ozone" bounty, you have to opt-in by posting your DraftDay username in this thread before games kickoff this weekend. If you score a higher total than me, the money will be credited to your account sometime next week.

2. DraftDay runs a really cool promotion called the "Perfect Lineup". It's free to enter. If you correctly predict the highest scoring fantasy players at each position for that week's NFL action, you get $1,000,000. While that is nearly impossible to do, they do give away $400 in guaranteed prizes each week to the 25 players who come the closest. This is a really fun promotion and a great way to build a DraftDay bankroll without having to deposit.

Finally, if you ever decide to deposit at DraftDay to try out some of their real-money games, they'll give you 20% first-time deposit bonus. The bonus is released as 50% rakeback for paid fees.

Hopefully we can get a lot of players in the $100 freeroll this weekend. I think you guys will think this site is pretty fun!

Let me know if there are any questions...

"How do I become more pro? I gotta learn math?" - fuedallord
Ozone est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!