THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > General Discussion > Poker Stories

Old May 14, 2008, 11:49pm   #1
sinel egrap
Banned

sinel egrap is on a distinguished road
Default Lol, what are the odds of this?

Yesterday, I'm playing $1-$2 NL on stars and get dealt AA and flop comes A55. Villain of course had pocket 5's. Wheeeee. Today I'm in the cutoff with JJ, two limpers in front of me and and raise 7x BB. and both call. Flop is J 55. Bet 1/2 pot and both call. Turn puts 3rd spade on the board. All 3 of us check. River is 2c, first player checks, 2nd player makes 3/4 pot bet, and I raise AI. First player folds, 2nd player calls and shows 55. How ironic. I couldn't stop laughing for 10 minutes. Moral of the story, if you flop the big full just check and fold.
sinel egrap est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2008, 11:53pm   #2
Alfa33
Doyle Look-alike

Alfa33 is a jewel in the roughAlfa33 is a jewel in the roughAlfa33 is a jewel in the rough

50 / 50, either it happens or it doesn´t imo
Alfa33 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2008, 11:56pm   #3
CBone
Microdonk till ∞

CBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to CBone Send a message via Skype™ to CBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa33 View Post
50 / 50, either it happens or it doesn´t imo
mmd ty
Old May 15, 2008, 12:16am   #4
kmay06
Professional

kmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant future

This one time I had a good hand and the other player had a better hand. It was pretty sick.

Aren't you the same guy who posted about set over set happening to you too much?
kmay06 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2008, 12:50am   #5
Seb47
Professional

Seb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Seb47
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

I call BS on that, the odd are at least 1 in 100 which clearly makes it statiscally impossible.
Seb47 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2008, 1:19am   #6
Gus
Professional

Gus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the rough

Once I had Ak and pushed and got called by AQ.

Guy cought his Q on the flop.
Gus est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2008, 1:20am   #7
jimmytrick
Professional

jimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinel egrap View Post
Yesterday, I'm playing $1-$2 NL on stars
Say no more, brother, I feel your pain. Just try to realize that although they rig the games so that the fish last longer, a good player can still eat. And remember to always overbet the turn because the river will get you.

jimmytrick est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2008, 1:29am   #8
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

I saw three sets of quad tens yesterday playing live poker.

This led me to conclude that clearly, live poker is rigged.
SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2008, 1:31am   #9
sinel egrap
Banned

sinel egrap is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytrick View Post
Say no more, brother, I feel your pain. Just try to realize that although they rig the games so that the fish last longer, a good player can still eat. And remember to always overbet the turn because the river will get you.
Its all starting to make sense now. For the first time in my life I can sleep at night.
sinel egrap est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2008, 5:39am   #10
eli924
Doyle Look-alike

eli924 will become famous soon enougheli924 will become famous soon enough

haha. thanks for the good laughs guys. i needed that tonight after a roller-coaster session.

Eli
eli924 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote