THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Mar 03, 2011, 5:43am   #1
staphros
Wolf Game LVP

staphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant future
Default POY Schedule 2011

Pokertips Player of the Year 2011

All are welcome in the tournaments

There will be 2 tournaments per month. Rounding off with the Main Event
  • Tournaments are held on PokerStars, at 15:00ET on Saturdays or Sundays
  • These are friendly tournaments (although very honorable) - keep the chat nice
  • Points are distributed according to pokerstars
  • Most points over all tournaments wins the POY title. This will be modified if the Pokerstars points system is crappy.
  • Must be 5+ players in the game to get points (Stars rule).
  • Tournaments are a mix of different poker variants - here is your chance to min bet shame free
  • Buy-in is always $5+$0.5 except Main Event and TOC.
  • You must sign up via pokerstars homegames.
  • We have space for more players so sign up now.
  • I'm the ruler and judge on any issues.
  • Winning an event gets you a ticket to the prestigious "Tournament of Champions" where you'll play all the other winners. (Buy-in not included).
  • TOC is played as the last tournament of the year (Could be in the new year).
  • Please sign up for the league asap - its 1st come 1st served.
  • If an event does not meet the 5 player requirement a "Standard" NLHE game will be added the following week as "make up".
  • English only at the tables please unless its an all German/Canadian table
  • Announcements will be made in the Pokertips Lounge and Poker Allgemein.
  • I may add a couple more admin players to help manage any issues or rescheduling needed.
  • Non POY tournaments and ring games will also run throughout the year.
  • All are welcome - lurkers, regulars, trolls, losers, fools, winners, men, women(moli/queenie), Ozone, young, old (25+), immigrant, northern .. you get the picture
The schedule:

Event 1: NLHE 05-March-2011 (Sat)
Event 2: PLO 20-March-2011 (Sun)
Event 3: 8-Game 02-April-2011 (Sat)
Event 4: Stud / 8 17-April-2011 (Sun)
Event 5: NLHE 30-April-2011 (Sat)
Event 6: 2/7 TD 15-May-2011 (Sun)
Event 7: Omaha 8 PL 28-May-2011 (Sat)
Event 8: HU NLHE (1500 chips) 12-June-2011 (Sun)
Event 9: Triple Stud 25-June-2011 (Sat)
Event 10: 5 Card Draw 10-July-2011 (Sun)
Event 11: NLHE 23-July-2011 (Sat)
Event 12: HORSE 07-August-2011 (Sun)
Event 13: PLO 20-August-2011 (Sat)
Event 14: FLHE 04-September-2011 (Sun)
Event 15: Bagudi 17-September-2011 (Sat)
Event 16: Razz 02-October-2011 (Sun)
Event 17: NLHE (Deep stacks/Long Naps) 15-October-2011 (Sat)
Event 18: Stud 30-October-2011 (Sun)
Event 19: 8-Game 12-November-2011 (Sat)
Event 20: NL 6 Max* 27-November-2011 (Sun)
Main Event: NLHE ($10 buy-in 3000 chips) 10-December-2011 (Sat)

Tournament of Champions: NLHE December 17th, 2011. (This will be a p/w protected game and may run in 2012 depending on availability).

*If many games end up being short handed this will be changed to a PLO game.

Did I forget something or make any mistakes? Comments? Speak now or be forever a lurker.

Finally a big thanks to Moli for running this the past couple of years and having an old POY post I could plagiarize.

Good luck

PTIPS POY 2011 Sign up Info:

- Open the main Stars poker lobby, then click on the Home Games tab
- Click the 'Join a Poker Club' button
- Enter my Club ID number: 5167
- Enter my Invitation Code: ishbu_434

Please put your Ptips forum name in the "info" field when you sign up or say hi if you are new and have not posted on ptips yet.
I will approve everyone I know/can verify.
If you request to join but don't hear back shoot me a PM.

See here for more info.
http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/home-games/
staphros est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 03, 2011, 12:13pm   #2
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

i vote for the deepest slowest structure for all events btw.

Kc
Old Mar 03, 2011, 12:21pm   #3
ggnh
Disco

ggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to all

LOLWUT!

You are not the Moli!!!!

kthxbi
<Ozone> I dunno... fuckin' poker
<Kc>this one is much closer to good advice but still introduces some unnecessary shortcuts across the grass for us to cover our boots in dog shit.
ggnh est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 03, 2011, 2:32pm   #4
Molinero
Looking at You

Molinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to Molinero Send a message via AIM to Molinero Send a message via MSN to Molinero
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggnh View Post
LOLWUT!

You are not the Moli!!!!

kthxbi
Oops used wrong account again Great job Staphros - will try to play as many as possible.
Molinero est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 03, 2011, 2:44pm   #5
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molinero View Post
Oops used wrong account again
so which one is the gimmick account?

Kc
Old Mar 03, 2011, 5:24pm   #6
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Will try and make it. Unfortunately most of the events are kinda at 5am and stuff for me but i'll put in a few appearances

SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 03, 2011, 5:25pm   #7
Molinero
Looking at You

Molinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud ofMolinero has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to Molinero Send a message via AIM to Molinero Send a message via MSN to Molinero
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy View Post
so which one is the gimmick account?

Kc
Both obv.
Molinero est déconnecté   Reply With Quote