THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Apr 15, 2011, 6:32pm   #1
Ozone
The One Who Knocks

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ozone
Default It Finally Happened

The DOJ is finally going after PokerStars and Full Tilt. They've indicted the founders on counts of bank fraud, money laundering, and illegal gambling offenses.

Justice Department Press Release

This is absolutely enormous news and could mean gg online poker for a while for Americans.

"How do I become more pro? I gotta learn math?" - fuedallord
Ozone est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2011, 6:50pm   #2
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozone View Post
The DOJ is finally going after PokerStars and Full Tilt. They've indicted the founders on counts of bank fraud, money laundering, and illegal gambling offenses.

Justice Department Press Release

This is absolutely enormous news and could mean gg online poker for a while for Americans.
and cereus.

though i do not believe the sky is falling just yet, and politically, this could backfire.

can y'all log in and play atm?

Kc
Old Apr 15, 2011, 6:55pm   #3
HhCMotU
On the way to be rich!

HhCMotU has a reputation beyond reputeHhCMotU has a reputation beyond reputeHhCMotU has a reputation beyond reputeHhCMotU has a reputation beyond reputeHhCMotU has a reputation beyond reputeHhCMotU has a reputation beyond reputeHhCMotU has a reputation beyond reputeHhCMotU has a reputation beyond reputeHhCMotU has a reputation beyond reputeHhCMotU has a reputation beyond reputeHhCMotU has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to HhCMotU
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Im playing right now. Websites on again...

Jetzt Anteile von mir kaufen!!!

PokerTips.org is
HhCMotU est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2011, 7:08pm   #4
kmay06
Professional

kmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant future

what is to stop them from doing what they have always done, and just ignore us law? will this actually change anything?
Old Apr 15, 2011, 7:09pm   #5
Ozone
The One Who Knocks

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute

FullTiltPoker.com, AbsolutePoker.com, and UltimateBet.com are all showing FBI seizure pages right now. FullTiltPoker.net and PokerStars.com both appear to be live but it's hard to tell exactly what got seized because a.) it wasn't listed in the press release and b.) it takes a while for DNS to propagate and show new page for different people.

Old Apr 15, 2011, 7:16pm   #6
Ozone
The One Who Knocks

Forbes article.

Old Apr 15, 2011, 7:17pm   #7
Ozone
The One Who Knocks

Stars might be completely done...

Old Apr 15, 2011, 7:20pm   #8
TwoGun
Administrator

TwoGun has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy View Post
and cereus.

though i do not believe the sky is falling just yet, and politically, this could backfire.

can y'all log in and play atm?

Kc
The sky may be absolutely falling. Ask everyone who had an account at betonsports.com if they got their money back when the DOJ seized its domain/business? No one did...not even non-US residents I believe. And betonsports wasn't a two-bit company, it was publicly listed in the UK.

The DOJ allowed Neteller to pay back all Americans/continue running as a company, but only after 6 months of funds being held hostage and their owners eventually taking plea deals.

Sometimes the right response is to panic. If I had a lot of money at any of these US sites (which I don't), EVEN IF I WAS A NON-US PERSON, I'd be manic cashing out right now. Why risk a betonsports like outcome?
TwoGun est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2011, 7:36pm   #9
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

yeah, but are any of these companies actually legal citizens of the united states?

i'm guessing the answer is, no.

i'd like someone who has a law degree to pop his head up and tell us what the situation is.

i very much doubt that either tilt or stars would have put themselves in an actionable position, and i very much doubt this is the end of either company. they may lose access to the us market, and they may have to surrender funds related to their activities in the us market, but no claim can be made on the funds held for nonamericans, nor can any kind of gtfo enforcement order actually be served.

stars and tilt will continue serving the free world and i won't get called a fag quite so often at the tables.

again, does anybody actually have a law degree? and is it an appropriate law degree, none of this "animal rights law" bollocks.

Kc
Old Apr 15, 2011, 7:39pm   #10
joeyjoejoejr
Professional

joeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud of

Pokerstars works fine for me.... but the player pool seems at bit smaller today...

joeyjoejoejr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote