THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Apr 28, 2012, 6:34pm   #1
4Kings
Brunson

4Kings is on a distinguished road
Default Will pokerstars really buy ftp?

Hi,

Is pokerstars really going to buy full tilt?
Old Apr 28, 2012, 8:14pm   #2
Ozone
The One Who Knocks

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ozone

It does seem somewhat possible. Stars would have probably quelled the rumor by now if there was no truth to it at all. But who really knows? For all we know the Stars owner just wanted to sabotage the GBT deal to keep his biggest competitor off the market. Believe it when you see it.

"How do I become more pro? I gotta learn math?" - fuedallord
Ozone est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2012, 11:01pm   #3
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

It's more a move to reopen access to the US market once poker is legalised; 750m covers tilt and its assets, all of stars fines and will reallow them access to US market - its a long term play if they do it, also it denies their competitors the FTP software and player email lists etc which would be huge for any site wanting to be the new #2

I think there's a decent amount of truth to the rumours from what I hear and the DOJ wouldnt have walked away from the tapie deal so easily without another alternative, we'll see though

We'll probably know within a few weeks nothing we can do but wait and see

SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2012, 1:24pm   #4
Boilermaker
Get off my lawn

Boilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwoopAE View Post
also it denies their competitors the FTP software and player email lists etc which would be huge for any site wanting to be the new #2
Do you really think the ftp brand has that much value still for a competitor? I've been surprised all along that a group was willing to pay off FT's debts for what they would get. They're counting on a high fraction of previous customers staying.

Apparently if ps purchases them, they agree with the valuation, but it definitley surprises me.
Boilermaker est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2012, 8:07pm   #5
4Kings
Brunson

4Kings is on a distinguished road

i think that full tilt is not worth as much as pokerstars is thinking about paying
Old May 02, 2012, 5:39pm   #6
staphros
Wolf Game LVP

staphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilermaker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwoopAE View Post
also it denies their competitors the FTP software and player email lists etc which would be huge for any site wanting to be the new #2
Do you really think the ftp brand has that much value still for a competitor? I've been surprised all along that a group was willing to pay off FT's debts for what they would get. They're counting on a high fraction of previous customers staying.

Apparently if ps purchases them, they agree with the valuation, but it definitley surprises me.
Perhaps it is mainly for the opportunity to get back into the US market in the future along with the rush poker trademark maybe? I'd guess the email list for players who don't also already have stars acounts would be small.

So yeah I think it is mainly the chance of future US earnings vs gamble that the US market is ever reopened to them.
staphros est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 02, 2012, 5:54pm   #7
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by staphros View Post
Perhaps it is mainly for the opportunity to get back into the US market in the future
i've obviously missed something here? granted i've not been paying attention to the news of late. what's the barrier to re-entry?

Quote:
along with the rush poker trademark maybe?
stars already has rush.

Quote:
I'd guess the email list for players who don't also already have stars acounts would be small.

So yeah I think it is mainly the chance of future US earnings vs gamble that the US market is ever reopened to them.
i'm not really understanding why people are surprised that pokerstars is interested in buying full tilt. it's surely more common for purchased companies to be acquired by competitors than by outsiders?

the question is, does full tilt have value? are its assets and brand worth owning? if the answer is yes, then it has more value to pokerstars than to anyone else, since pokerstars already know what they are doing in this industry.

Kc