THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > General Discussion > PokerTips Lounge

Old Jul 31, 2012, 4:34pm   #1
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!
Default Full Tilt Bought by Pokerstars, Everyone is getting paid

Seems like I get the honours of making the thread

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29...flush-1228753/

Congrats to anyone with significant funds tied up there, I had just withdrawn 90%+ of my roll to go play live so I only have low three figures there from memory, but it's HUGE for the guys with five figs etc.

Day of celebration for those of you with a lot there, glad this saga is coming to an end, I never lost hope that tilt would end up getting bought.

Also, long live Pokerstars!

SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2012, 4:56pm   #2
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

how strange. i don't seem to be able to find comment from pokerstars and the DOJ...

or any halfway reputable news outlet...

Kc
Old Aug 01, 2012, 10:56am   #3
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy View Post
how strange. i don't seem to be able to find comment from pokerstars and the DOJ...

Kc
It's on Pokerstars website, and Diamond flush's. I even broke the news an hour late when the info was already on stars website. Your internet search skills must not be so good.

SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 01, 2012, 1:04pm   #4
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwoopAE View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy View Post

Kc
It's on Pokerstars website
not that i can find, it's certainly absent from their press release page.

it's on their blog i'll grant you, but that isn't where a sane person is going to go to find press releases, especially when he has to rush to be first to reply to a thread...the blog post also links to their press release page, where there is still nothing...that or my isp are filtering it because it's got a naked ten year old on the cover.

Quote:
and Diamond flush's.
i said a halfway reputable news site, not a dirt sheet run out of someone's basement.

Quote:
I even broke the news an hour late when the info was already on stars website. Your internet search skills must not be so good.
i'll certainly hold my hands up to that. i foolishly restricted myself to press releases and business news. i'll know to include rumour mills next time.

Kc
Old Aug 01, 2012, 1:52pm   #5
Ozone
The One Who Knocks

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ozone

KC, the PokerStars press release has been available since this news first broke yesterday. It's been linked to on the Stars/Tilt buyout link dump page. Also, Diamond Flush is the stone cold nuts and has been an invaluable resource in digging up information pertaining to Black Friday sites.

"How do I become more pro? I gotta learn math?" - fuedallord
Ozone est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 01, 2012, 2:20pm   #6
Boilermaker
Get off my lawn

Boilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond repute

I still don't get how poker stars profits from this, but people with a lot more money than me apparently see the value. Good news for those waiting.

The NY Times article is really bad. It suggests stars is paying all this money as punishment for something it did wrong.
Boilermaker est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 01, 2012, 2:58pm   #7
killcrazy
Apex Predator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozone View Post
KC, the PokerStars press release has been available since this news first broke yesterday. It's been linked to on the Stars/Tilt buyout link dump page.
mm delicious chronology.

someone go to www.pokerstars.com/press/ and tell me what the most recent update on that page is please. i get forwarded to a .co.uk page that's had nothing new for a week.

Quote:
Also, Diamond Flush is the stone cold nuts and has been an invaluable resource in digging up information pertaining to Black Friday sites.
we differ in what we consider a reliable news source. when someone does a half a billion dollar deal with the DOJ, I'm reading about it in the business news.

Kc
Old Jul 31, 2012, 5:30pm   #8
Ozone
The One Who Knocks

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ozone

U.S. DOJ press release

PokerTips news article

More links coming soon...

"How do I become more pro? I gotta learn math?" - fuedallord
Ozone est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2012, 5:52pm   #9
TJTay89
I am a wolf

TJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant future
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOJ
PokerStars is prohibited from offering online poker in the U.S. for real money unless and until it is legal to do so under U.S. law.
Send me an email when this changes. Congrats to anyone who had money tied up!
TJTay89 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2012, 5:52pm   #10
JustinShape
glückssüchtig

JustinShape has a reputation beyond reputeJustinShape has a reputation beyond reputeJustinShape has a reputation beyond reputeJustinShape has a reputation beyond reputeJustinShape has a reputation beyond reputeJustinShape has a reputation beyond reputeJustinShape has a reputation beyond reputeJustinShape has a reputation beyond reputeJustinShape has a reputation beyond reputeJustinShape has a reputation beyond reputeJustinShape has a reputation beyond repute

pokerstarsblog
JustinShape est déconnecté   Reply With Quote